Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crashing upon trying to enter servers

Gonna say before posting this I've checked around for a solution and tried what people have suggested, hand have had no success.
Whenever I try to join any of the servers (TTT1, TTT2, lobby), I crash instantly. When I try to join other server's, I'm okay. I can also start a single player game just fine as well. So far I've tried reinstalling good, verifying integrity of game files, and turning off addons. if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.
Find

This is very interesting. I believe I heard someone else say they had this issue before, but have since fixed it somehow.

Google says to try and uninstall gmod manually by renaming or deleting its folder completely (not from steams method alone), then reinstall it.

Or try deleting you cache folders: steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cache\lua
Find

(12-19-2017, 05:48 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Or try deleting you cache folders: steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cache\lua

When i had this issue, this is what fixed it for me.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(12-19-2017, 05:48 AM)Brassx Wrote:  This is very interesting. I believe I heard someone else say they had this issue before, but have since fixed it somehow.

Google says to try and uninstall gmod manually by renaming or deleting its folder completely (not from steams method alone), then reinstall it.

Or try deleting you cache folders: steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cache\lua

first, I tried deleting my lua folder and I'd still crashed upon entering.
I also tried deleting the garrysmod folder, uninstalling, then re-installing gmod and have still had no luck.
Find

Its because you got the most op eveningstar!
Bouncy Rounds
Find

I really need help joining the server too, all the other servers suck but everytime I join yours the game crashes. HELP
Find

(12-20-2017, 01:38 AM)Mr Master Wrote:  I really need help joining the server too, all the other servers suck but everytime I join yours the game crashes. HELP

We are looking into the matter.
Find

When I had this happen I decided to delete my add-ons folder and download folder

It worked for me.
Find

(12-20-2017, 01:38 AM)Mr Master Wrote:  I really need help joining the server too, all the other servers suck but everytime I join yours the game crashes. HELP

Could you tell me if you're using a MacBook?

(12-20-2017, 04:37 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  When I had this happen I decided to delete my add-ons folder and download folder

It worked for me.

still no luck when deleting add-on folder

I have a MacBook and I've been connecting fine recently up until a few days ago. just checked, and FRG runs on bootcamp but not on the Mac version. This leads me to believe it's an apple issue on my end.
Find

I am on a MAcbook as well, so I guess it's just a macbook problem. Are you guys willing to fix that? Or should I find a different server? This server is great though keep it up, proud of you
Find