Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

cheesenips - Constant Trolling/Mic Spam/Attempted RDM

Steam Name of Offending Player(s): cheesenips

Steam ID of Offending Player(s): STEAM_0:1:107093688

Map the event happened on: Its been over a course of many weeks, not just a single map.

Date of event: From today to about 2-3 months ago.

What Happened?: For the last 2-3 months, he has constantly mic spammed, trolled, and has just been an annoying person to deal with on the server. He was banned a few weeks ago by Kcat(with Unpoke's consent) for trolling/mic spam. Since then he hasn't improved in the slightest and has actually gotten worse. I think its finally time for him to go as i really can not see him improving.

Just a few moments ago, for no reason he attempted to kill me because "he wanted the bees."

Witnesses: Alex, Unpoke, Jerome, and just about anyone that plays really.

Evidence:

A video taken about a day or two ago:
A voice recording(i have the video however if needed) of him from earlier today:
Attempted RDM from a few moments ago:

I have to vbat him almost every time I play. I also see him in the RDM manager at least once a map.
Find

I haven't been on for quite a while cause of school, but even when I was on for a short while a few months ago he was doing this.
Find

You want a guy banned for a little bit of mic spam and a single RDM? Seems kind of silly. Mic spam is annoying but easy to deal with. A simple vbat or gag does the trick. In your video you say he doesn't stop until doctor rat asks him to stop. If he stopped when asked to then what's the problem?

I have played with the guy a decent amount over the last month or so and he is def annoying but it wasn't so bad to the point I had to clientside mute him. (I have to for a few others.)

This report seems like you have been gathering "evidence" for a while to try to get rid of him because you don't like him. You aren't going to like everyone you play with on a public server. Someone applying for mod should def be able to distinguish between when someone needs a ban and just needs dealt with in less extreme ways.

P.S. Also, before you say "it's not a single RDM like I said in the report." I did see that but there was no evidence for that.

All of this being said, I will admit I know nothing of the ban issued by Kcat. Maybe he is worse than I have experienced.

Well I mean it was stated multiple times that the next time he is caught mic spamming/being annoying a much stricter punishment will be given out. These video clips were taken over a course of about a map(and they weren't even taken by me if you look at who uploaded the video, so I'm not "targetting" him by any means), and for a map that's way too much mic spam. He was already banned for 2 days for non-stop mic spamming after being gagged map after map after map.

Vbats and gags don't carry over through map changes, and having to be constantly be re-gagged and re-vbatted gets tiring and annoying after a while. Keep in mind he also does this a lot more when there aren't any staff on.

We really just need perma vbat and perma gag for people like this. People who are annoying in voice chat but fine in text chat and follow the rules of the game mode.
Find

I know blocking is a feature and is highly recommended but remember, he is actually breaking rules with this mic spamming. It doesnt matter if you block him, he is breaking the rules. Cheese micspams each and every day and we always gagged and muted. Its gotten to the point where I can just predict what he would say upon arrival.

(12-10-2017, 12:35 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  We really just need perma vbat and perma gag for people like this. People who are annoying in voice chat but fine in text chat and follow the rules of the game mode.

Eh... I mean I don't think perma gag should even be necessary. If it gets to that point where the person has been told multiple times to stop micspamming and has been perma-vbatted and banned before for it -- they should just be gotten rid of

Regardless of this report existing, I've gotten reports from a good amount of people complaining about his mic-spam over the course of the last few months and something was going to be done.

This wasn't a case of mic-spamming every now and then, but a player that staff has constantly had to deal with over the past few months via gagging and warning, and that's when staff happens to be around.
I agree that if it's a simple few players that find him annoying, sure, utilize the block feature, but it becomes an inconvenience when a majority of the server has to have a player blocked because of annoyance when that player could have important call-outs in the game that people need to hear.

He certainly won't be perma'd for this, but a stern warning will hopefully stop it - we have seen annoying players improve their behavior before.

- That Thrakos Noob

(12-10-2017, 12:37 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  
(12-10-2017, 12:35 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  We really just need perma vbat and perma gag for people like this. People who are annoying in voice chat but fine in text chat and follow the rules of the game mode.

Eh... I mean I don't think perma gag should even be necessary. If it gets to that point where the person has been told multiple times to stop micspamming and has been perma-vbatted and banned before for it -- they should just be gotten rid of

But why? Gmod is a declining game. If something as simple as a perma gag can fix an issue and allow someone to keep playing and populate the server why not do that? He is annoying but doesn't disrupt the rules of the game mode.
Find