Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Low Player-Count Incentives

A lot of the time during the day, the server is dead as hell. When there are less than 6 people online, players have very little reason to join, because they can't earn experience or progress towards their guns and quests. I've often seen times when the server completely empties out when the sixth player leaves the server, because the other five don't feel like waiting for another sixth to join. I know that this is to prevent grinding and metagaming the server for drops, but I do suggest that we should implement some sort of reward system for when the server has between two and ~eight players (inclusive, going up to eight to give a "grace zone". Additionally, this system may make both servers equally active depending on player preferences. I know some players prefer a lower player count).

Note that all of these suggestions are based on playtime, and they can't be abused the same way that metagaming gun XP and whatnot can.

A few suggestions:

-Low-Count Gift Packages: For every hour that you spend on the server (in active TTT, not spectator) with ~eight or fewer active players, receive a gift package. Essentially the VIP system, but not always active. You could probably even strip the code of the VIP system and modify it slightly, depending on the implementation.

-Weapon XP/Player XP Awards based on playtime: For each minute that you play with a low player count, receive 1 XP as well as a 1/16th of a kill worth of XP on all enhanceable weapons that you currently have equipped, or a general equivalent for guns that require specific feats, such as body damage.

-ETC: Basically this idea can be applied to every other aspect of gameplay, including drops according to playtime on low player count.

Maybe if you chumps weren't so loot obsessed this wouldn't be a problem

I don't really agree with this. Once people begin joining, and it goes from 6 to 7, people will probably yell at the 7th person to leave so they can continue to get benefits for playing on a basically empty server.
Find

It isn't even about the loot for me. I just don't want to log on, and afk for an hour waiting for other people since im the only one up, and on during the mornings.
Tneconni
Find

I mean I’m not on during the day because like, school. That’s also the reason for a big part of others
Find

I ned mai edjumakationz.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

I think the gift package for 1 hour is fine. Not a big fan of the gun exp though. I do think a smaller number of people (3-5) would actually stay on the server if there were some minuscule incentives like the gift package thing. If we could think of some other things like that I think it would be good.
Find

(12-05-2017, 05:28 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I don't really agree with this. Once people begin joining, and it goes from 6 to 7, people will probably yell at the 7th person to leave so they can continue to get benefits for playing on a basically empty server.

I considered this, but I don't think it'd be that much of an issue considering if they would like to receive the benefits, they can simply join TTT2. When both servers are full, the server should be moderately active on both servers anyway, so they really don't have any reason to complain.
Find

I play TTT for TTT. Less people is more fun that a full server for me anyways, I like switching to Server 2 just to hang with some pals.

That's enough incentive as it is.

(12-05-2017, 11:11 PM)Terran Wrote:  I play TTT for TTT. Less people is more fun that a full server for me anyways, I like switching to Server 2 just to hang with some pals.

That's enough incentive as it is.

Unfortunately that is not the case for most of our players. And the comment knave made on being the only one on in the morning this is not true people just have that mindset that I am the only one on and do not want to wait for others to join. Once a couple people hop on the server for a few minutes a few others always tend to join. The gift package idea is not bad but maybe make it a random spin like a luck round spin once an hour instead of gift package as that would kind of take away from the vip reward.
Find