Rework Net
9.30%
4 9.30%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove/Rework Bear Traps/Barnacles/Plasma Nets

(11-15-2017, 01:05 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(11-15-2017, 12:50 AM)Brassx Wrote:  As for the other things, I don't really see the need. They are situational and only apply when a T uses them, and they are quite fun to use as a T.

I think a better option is to take TTT for what it is - A casual gamemode. No need to get salty over a traitor killing an innocent, as T's tend to lose the rounds most of the time anyways.

The only reason I want bear traps/barnacles removed is because of the current rules.

If someone is obviously camping next or around the corner from a bear trap waiting for you/someone to get stuck in it, it would make sense if you were allowed to kill them, right? Well, with the current rule set we can't. If someone is stuck in a bear trap, 95% of the time they're gonna get killed because they aren't allowed to shoot the person first. if you see someone bolting at you the second after you get stuck in a bear trap, chances are they're running at you to kill you. Now I'm not asking for the rules to be changed or the bear trap to really be removed, I just wanted to put that out there.
That's fair.

You can never really tell if they are running at you to kill you, running at you to give you a hand, or who knows what else. That base concept can sort-of be applied to other situations too though, not just that T weapon. However, at the very least you can likely just call them out before you die. Worst case though, you die and lose an Innocent round. What's the big deal? It's not impossible to spot the traps either (flashlight helps).

Now I want to point out your contradiction:
Quote:The only reason I want bear traps/barnacles removed is because of the current rules.

Quote:Now I'm not asking for the rules to be changed or the bear trap to really be removed, I just wanted to put that out there.
Heh.

We have to weigh between more enjoyable/'easier' T rounds, or easier/'more fair' Innocent rounds.

I have learned that people do like to play with somewhat 'over-powered' items. And a way to do that in TTT without it being completely 'broken' is by introducing them as a type of Traitor item.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove Bear Traps/Barnacles/Plasma Nets - Brassx - 11-15-2017, 01:27 AM