Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Damage Dropoff

(10-15-2017, 07:21 AM)Brassx Wrote:  But what kuro's agenda really is, is the newly added 'headshot damage falloff' for Frostburns. A pistol(or pistols if you're going by the model. It's actually just a single weapon without the model in mind) with good accuracy, 40 clip, decent firerate, and deals 55 damage upon headshot at any range.

My reason behind selecting that specific nerf was 'what would harm these weapons the least?'

Options I've considered but decided against currently:
  • Lowering their damage completely.
  • Lowering headshot multiplier.
  • Nerfing it's accuracy so you can only use them at close range.

I felt all of those were a bit too much and would hurt them, their value, and the fact they are 'best in slot'. The frostburns are supposed to be 'the best secondary' item currently.

So I went with: Falling off the headshot damage from 55 close up to 35 at a range. Nerfing its accuracy would hurt the weapons overall more than the headshot falloff (it's not a short range either), thus the choice to start with was the falloff. Accuracy is my next choice only if this isn't enough.

But he wants it changed to accuracy for 'consistency' - "It doesn't make sense for it to be the only secondary with headshot damage falloff." He also stated he would be okay with it if it were added to all pistols.

So let's change the questions:

Do you care about consistency?(all pistols should have the same/similar behavior). Do you think a headshot damage falloff on Frostburns is an okay solution to their long-distance power or a bad one? Do new weapon types have to follow standards set by previous weapons in the same category?

Hey uh, not to burst your bubble but after ranting to you how I thought it was a bad idea to single out the frostburns to apply it to I wanted to look at the previous cases where it was used and decided this was a bigger issue

While it may seem like I'm trying to leapfrog topics here this is legitimately only about SMGs, I'm not trying to tie associate this at all with frostburns or pistols. Honestly one of the reasons I was so against the frostburn change was due to how badly I associated the damage dropoff with the SMGs in the first place.

If I wanted to make a thread discussing frostburns I would have just done that. I just think this is a bigger issue for "consistency".
This thread is just for community input on SMG related damage drop-off. I'll adjust the questions to better reflect that.

I'll message you later about frostburns as that isn't the topic for this thread
Find

Messages In This Thread
Damage Dropoff - Kuro - 10-15-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: Damage Dropoff - Alex Summers - 10-15-2017, 06:51 AM
RE: Damage Dropoff - Brassx - 10-15-2017, 07:21 AM
RE: Damage Dropoff - Kuro - 10-15-2017, 03:27 PM
RE: Damage Dropoff - tobiasxz - 10-15-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Damage Dropoff - Kcat - 10-15-2017, 03:53 PM
RE: Damage Dropoff - Denneh - 10-15-2017, 10:09 PM
RE: Damage Dropoff - Brassx - 10-15-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: Damage Dropoff - Bathory - 10-15-2017, 10:40 PM