Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Community Crate Feedback.

With the first series of the community crate out now, I'd like to get all of your opinions on the process overall.

I'll highlight a few questions below, but feel free to post any other related opinion you have.
  1. Do you still think this process is a good idea?
  2. Would you like to see a continuation of this series? (as in community crate 2, etc)
  3. Do you have any suggestions on how the submission/upvote process could be better?
  4. Are you pleased with the way the CC1 turned out?

I will say this entire process has made it much easier and faster for me to turn out new crates with interesting content. Although I'm a little disappointed in all of the troll submissions. it was a good experience for me.
Find

1. I think in theory, it's a cool idea. I like the idea of the community working together to make something.
2. I would, but I think there'd need to be somewhat more strict rules, you could say, about the suggestions. Some of these weapons are just... eh...
3. I think what could make it somewhat better, at least on the upvote side of things, is have them listed from lowest upvotes to highest, so that people would look at the lower suggestions and upvote more things.
4. All in all, it definitely did its job as a coin sink. Most everyone who had coins are poor now because of these. I've spent every penny that I've got in the past week on these, hoping for more. Although I am surprised that there's only been 2 godlikes dropped. Both being the Cerberus. Looking at how many coins everyone had, I was expecting more. But that's not neccessarily a bad thing.
Find

keeping to the format alex started:
1. I found the crates to be alright and that the weapons that came out were mostly not too impressive, and many of the weapons that you end of getting are just boring.
2. I find getting anything good from these crates to be quite difficult and if their job was to lower the amount of coins people have, than job well done.
(9 + 10) - catbugs age = 14
Find

It was basically a slightly buffed rune of fortune. I like the idea but I would like to see more variety with the weapons. Either my rng is shit, peoples suggestions were shit, or im shit.
Find

(07-01-2017, 06:05 AM)Kcat Wrote:  It was basically a slightly buffed rune of fortune. I like the idea but I would like to see more variety with the weapons. Either my rng is shit, peoples suggestions were shit, or im shit.

D. All of the above Smile
Find

(07-01-2017, 06:05 AM)Kcat Wrote:  It was basically a slightly buffed rune of fortune. I like the idea but I would like to see more variety with the weapons. Either my rng is shit, peoples suggestions were shit, or im shit.

Eh, I disagree with that somewhat. I feel the variety was just fine(I mean 24 new unique items you can only get from this crate), it's just a lot of the ideas weren't super creative or anything, and a bunch of the items are in the common table. Mechanics wise it's pretty much a carbon copy of any other crate, same rarity levels and what not. All have been disclosed on the main Community Crate thread.

Personally, I think the boomerang is my favorite item in the crate.

• Do you still think this process is a good idea?
I thought the process was okay. It was easy to create, and easy to vote. I liked the sort function.
  • Would you like to see a continuation of this series? (as in community crate 2, etc)
Yes. It's interesting to see what people want with weapons. Not only that, but could there possibly be a traitor community crate, or a detective community crate that is for T and D weapons that we vote on.
  • Do you have any suggestions on how the submission/upvote process could be better?
I don't like how the community had total control of what we got. A lot of the people thought there weapons were better, and they could've been, but people would "ask to look at the weapons".

The upvote thing isn't really great. Maybe disable public visibility to not show what to leech vote off of. Any suggestions that were nearing the final week never had any chance since barely anyone voted on the new ones.

I didn't know how good the stats were without going to the server and finding a weapon that had identical stats to test. Also, I would be very confused on how much stats I should give everything. Most legendaries have negative and positives, but then things like scaredy bunny and spring duck have all positives. Whats stopping me from making a really good gun all around and then making a single negative stat.

I remember there were a few stats missing.

I am a person who did this, but I would ignore suggestions because they seemed exactly the same. I read many zombie related ones.

Add crystals to the selection.

Maybe a separate place to create/vote on global weapon traits.
  • Are you pleased with the way the CC1 turned out?
It's fine for the most part...but in all honesty, who is going to use a grandma's cane? who is going to use heavyweight, or the faithful ump. (other than Bloodwynd because of mobility). Maybe I'm just thinking about only regulars buying them.

If this continues, think about fancy, the man who opened 800K coins and got 5 primordials, but no godlikes. RNG will be RNG.

The people saying that the weapons were uncreative have to think about this with coding. If it's too complex, all of them can be complex. That means all new players have to remember what godlike-like unlikely does, which there were a good number of unlikely.
Find

(07-01-2017, 05:40 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
  2. Would you like to see a continuation of this series? (as in community crate 2, etc)
  3. Do you have any suggestions on how the submission/upvote process could be better?
  1. This Process was good, however the most popular suggestions were usually from people who "recommended" others vote for it. This really drowned out some alright suggestions with ones that weren't really "unique".
  2. Yes, The CC1 was/is an awesome way to drop the coin value and allow for some amazing uniques that create a new meta for FRG.
  3. There doesn't seem to be a way to fix the upvote system since people will usually upvote their friends suggestion over someone else's (If they know). Maybe limit how many of a tier can be suggested by a user, or a daily suggestion limit? Something to stop people from spamming very.. "Meh" suggestions into the pool.
  4. The CC1 turned out pretty good, Prefer more types of tiers next time or uniques that actually have something unique about them.
Find

I'm not quite sure what you mean by process. I think the process to submit the ideas could be improved, but the concept of the crate is excellent. People submit item ideas they want to see in the server, and that definitely can improve the quality of it. I'd like to see more creative suggestions, rather than just new stat sets.

Definitely.

The process could be something like this (I only put like a week's worth of thought into this, so it can probably be improved): Have a submission period for common ideas, and when that period is over, have a voting period for the common posts. During that voting time, it would also be the time to submit the uncommon ideas. This would continue until all the ideas are voted on and secured. I think more accepted ideas would be nice, rather than just 24 (I think that's how many were accepted), maybe have double that? There were more than 2 godlikes that I would have liked to see accepted, but only 2 were. Maybe have 3-4 godlikes, with a lower chance of dropping any of them? I just feel like a hell of a lot more thought went into the primordial and godlike suggestions than the lower tiers, and that a lot of that thought was wasted because of how many were accepted compared to how many were posted.

For the most part, with the exception of the reasons I gave above.

Extra: If another high tier was added, somewhere in between legendary and primordial, still rare, but not 1 in 2000 chance to get them, I think it would help with where to put some submissions. A few times when I Was going to suggest something, I didn't know where to put it because it seemed a bit strong to be a legendary, but not quite unique enough to be a prim. ~ Food for thought.
Find

(07-01-2017, 07:00 AM)Razzation Wrote:      The process could be something like this (I only put like a week's worth of thought into this, so it can probably be improved): Have a submission period for common ideas, and when that period is over, have a voting period for the common posts. During that voting time, it would also be the time to submit the uncommon ideas. This would continue until all the ideas are voted on and secured. I think more accepted ideas would be nice, rather than just 24 (I think that's how many were accepted), maybe have double that? There were more than 2 godlikes that I would have liked to see accepted, but only 2 were. Maybe have 3-4 godlikes, with a lower chance of dropping any of them? I just feel like a hell of a lot more thought went into the primordial and godlike suggestions than the lower tiers, and that a lot of that thought was wasted because of how many were accepted compared to how many were posted.

A crate with 48 items in it would be a huge amount of work and would make the crate a lot more difficult to get items you actually want. (as the odds then double of actually rolling one you'r e after since twice as many other possible items).

Just because only 2 were accepted, doesn't mean the other ones were denied entry. There's nothing wrong re-posting your ideas that didn't quite make CC1 for CC2 when the time comes.

But yes, the period idea is similar to what I started doing after the first big test. The first 'free for all' to submit everything was basically one big beta test of the system itself, and not really how I wanted to go about accepting things, and that created an unfair element to newer suggestions. But I do like your idea for that.

Now with upvotes, I can't really think of anyway to fix 'hey look at and +1 this suggestion'. I can state that it is against the rules to advertise your suggestion though, and if you're caught doing it your suggestion is removed. That may fix that, but I don't know really. People will still do it.

I really wish people wouldn't have done that. It should be up to the community to +1 ones they like, not whoever advertises theirs the most and has the most friends.

I will state that I do NOT want to handpick submissions, so some form of the upvote system will remain through to the next series. I may give a downvote system a try next time, but then competing suggestions will just downvote each other.
Find