Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simple Forum Tweak

I know that the mem+ and up apps are set so only certain staff can see replies to the threads but that got me thinking
would it be reasonable to have it set so that the author of the post can also see the replies?

I can understand if not though as that may further spread toxicity through the server if someone were to see a -1 from somebody
and target them with hate.

Just a small fairly simple suggestion that some people might like.

Personally I'd love to see what people said on my member+ app

Let me know what you guys think of this idea.

I think it'd create a lot of unnecessary drama throughout the server. Some people are just more sensitive and biased and it wouldn't turn out good imo. Also, Brass already contacts the person if they get denied/accepted on what input was on the applications without naming people so that it'd stay civil.
Find

The whole point of it is so the OP can't see the replies, so people will be honest with their thoughts and opinions of a person.
Find

I mean it could be done after the fact just to see right.

We could also have it be done where it only happens if it's accepted because we don't need someone crying on TTT
about the horrible people that screwed them out of the position and then throwing a hissy fit.
Find

(06-06-2017, 01:02 AM)Black Knight #EndPositivity Wrote:  I mean it could be done after the fact just to see right.

We could also have it be done where it only happens if it's accepted because we don't need someone crying on TTT
about the horrible people that screwed them out of the position and then throwing a hissy fit.

I mean, people will still get angry if someone who they're friends with -1'd them.

It isn't worth the drama.
Find

This was implemented to give people a safe place to post honest feedback without worrying about how it might affect their friendship with said person.

I've seen more than a few people hold back how they really feel about someone taking the next step, in fear that it may start an argument between them. The application feedback is for me to see, not the applicant.

I do PM some negative feedback to the people if I feel it's worth it though.

Can people opt out of having their feedback hidden to the author?

I usually don't care enough to pm a person if I feel like they should know what I post, but they should still know how some people feel regardless if we have them added or not
Find

(06-06-2017, 02:01 AM)Kuro Wrote:  Can people opt out of having their feedback hidden to the author?

I usually don't care enough to pm a person if I feel like they should know what I post, but they should still know how some people feel regardless if we have them added or not

Like stated, I PM them negative feedback if it's noteworthy. Whether they get accepted or put on hold.

All I want to see is my own posts towards mem+ and higher applications because sometimes I forget if I posted or not.

(06-06-2017, 03:41 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  All I want to see is my own posts towards mem+ and higher applications because sometimes I forget if I posted or not.
Find