Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kunai Tracking Bug

When using the kunais, there'll be rounds where when you track something/someone then use another tracking kunai to make the 3 followups retarget, it ignores the second tracker and goes back to whatever you originally had tracked.

So, for a real example:

I track Discord preround incase im a T so i can get past his edgy mac10.
I'm innocent, and now I see a T shooting.
I throw a tracking kunai at the T, hit them, use 2 following kunais to kill the T, but the 2 kunais go back to Discord and kill him instead.
I use another tracking kunai to see what happens, and the 3 kunais ignore the tracking kunai once more, shooting with the same pattern (same firerate the following kunais shoot at) but without a target.

It's caused RDM and my death as a T about 4-5 times just today.
:<
When a dragon round begins.

Sounds like it's time to fix the tracking before the round starts bug?
Find

(06-02-2017, 09:07 AM)Kuro Wrote:  Sounds like it's time to fix the tracking before the round starts bug?

But that wouldn't fix the bug, would it? What prevents him from as a T, tracking someone, and then later in the round, he does the same and the bug occurs? As I understand it, it doesn't have to be preround for it to work.
Find

(06-02-2017, 10:17 AM)Razzation Wrote:  
(06-02-2017, 09:07 AM)Kuro Wrote:  Sounds like it's time to fix the tracking before the round starts bug?

But that wouldn't fix the bug, would it? What prevents him from as a T, tracking someone, and then later in the round, he does the same and the bug occurs? As I understand it, it doesn't have to be preround for it to work.

If he was using them as intended he wouldn't be having this problem as there's a massive cooldown between marking different targets. If he was a traitor and he marks somebody he's going to kill them either instantly after marking them or not mark them in first place.

In reality you will never mark one person (hitting them for 40 damage) and then mark another guy a minute later without either attempting to kill the first guy breaking your lock on them or at least hitting the wall to break the original mark.
Find

(06-02-2017, 01:59 PM)Kuro Wrote:  
(06-02-2017, 10:17 AM)Razzation Wrote:  

If he was using them as intended he wouldn't be having this problem as there's a massive cooldown between marking different targets. If he was a traitor and he marks somebody he's going to kill them either instantly after marking them or not mark them in first place.

In reality you will never mark one person (hitting them for 40 damage) and then mark another guy a minute later without either attempting to kill the first guy breaking your lock on them or at least hitting the wall to break the original mark.

40 damage on headshot, 30 damage on bodyshot, 20 damage on arm/limb (considering 80% of mobile targets, even some still targets get only hit on the limb) Wink

But yeah, I'm going to mess around more today to see exactly how/when the bug occurs and then make another post for it.

Find

Update post:
I've hit kuro every round on dolls, testing headshot/limb/body preround and during round, and they all have the following kunais go back to Kuro after i shoot another target kunai. I'm thinking it might have to do with the map, because on Dolls no matter what playmodel or when i tracked someone or where on them i did, it would always shoot following kunais to the first target. I'll continue to test other maps specifically.

Find

(06-03-2017, 01:46 AM)fancy Wrote:  Update post:
I've hit kuro every round on dolls, testing headshot/limb/body preround and during round, and they all have the following kunais go back to Kuro after i shoot another target kunai. I'm thinking it might have to do with the map, because on Dolls no matter what playmodel or when i tracked someone or where on them i did, it would always shoot following kunais to the first target. I'll continue to test other maps specifically.

I can confirm he did basically harass me every single round with kunais
plsnomore

I don't think it overrides the first locked target until they die or until kunais are thrown that track them
Find