Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Choose a suggestion:
Suggestion 1
Suggestion 2
Suggestion 3
None of the above
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kunai Quality of Life Suggestion

Okay
Before i get yelled at and screamed at for "lmao why cant yu be thankfl for whatt'chye hev, kunayrs r brokin anywayz", this is simply a quality of life improvement im asking for, as currently Kunais almost completely rely on the tracking shot and a lot of patience.

Currently, after using a tracking shot, the kunais take 20 seconds until you're allowed to use another (which is reasonable, the tracking shot is very strong if it hits the target).
However, for a secondary godlike weapon, it's very slow-paced and takes a lot of patience due to the cooldown, kunais being projectiles, and the primary attack kunai being fairly weak (20 damage).

So, I have a few suggestions:
Suggestion 1: (The suggestion i would prefer, seeing as the kunais have already received two nerfs) I suggest that upon rightful kill with the Kunais, the target lock cooldown gets reduced completely/by 10 seconds. This would allow for the Kunais to perform more smoothly in a heated situation, as right now they're only useful in 1v1's (and 80% of the time i get a "Fancyy, why did you kunai mee" even when disguised, kek).

Suggestion 2: Simply buff the primary attack kunai from 20 to ~30 damage, that way it's useful for things besides picking off near death people (which would also respectively buff the alt fire kunai)

Suggestion 3: This pretty much redoes one of the kunai nerfs, making it so that the third alt-fire kunai after a homing kunai has no delay (allows a kill if the homing hit the arm of an innocent/body of a det)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

lmao why cant yu be thankfl for whatt'chye hev, kunayrs r brokin anywayz

:^)
Find

Only like 2 of an item exists ~ owns one ~ must be buffed. You already have a big inventory, you don't need the value of the kunais to be increased any more than they are.

(05-21-2017, 05:15 AM)SP1D3RP1G Wrote:  Only like 2 of an item exists ~ owns one ~ must be buffed. You already have a big inventory, you don't need the value of the kunais to be increased any more than they are.

do you expect people who don't have it to recommend changes or point out flaws in a gun?
why does him owning it and him using it a lot make his opinion suddenly invalid? shouldnt it be the opposite?
that doesnt make much sense

not saying i agree or disagree bc i havent personally used them, i just really hate this argument to eeeeverything

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I owned kunais and you might have too. If he doesn't like them then im sure that someone would like to trade him for them. I sold mine because I just didnt like how they worked, I didnt try to get them buffed.

(05-21-2017, 08:31 AM)SP1D3RP1G Wrote:  I owned kunais and you might have too. If he doesn't like them then im sure that someone would like to trade him for them. I sold mine because I just didnt like how they worked, I didnt try to get them buffed.
Well, he isn't saying he doesn't like them, he just wants them to be at their best so its more fair or what not. Giving a weapon away with things that still need to be tweaked a bit is only fixing the problem for yourself, not the weapon. We haven't had much feedback on the kunais so I think its good that the people who do have them give more to improve the weapon to its fullest potential.
Find

They don't really need a buff. Perhaps the first attack does, but tracking seems to be fine. I get auto tracked at the start of the round and enjoy dying instantly if whoever had the lock on me instantly kills me. There's no time for call outs when the lock on is used, so if you're alone as an inno you have no chance. Good luck with that one. The combo of a bow + Kunai is seems to be really handy considering. Being stuck in that slow circle while being hit with the normal attack can kill you with in 3 hits so if you don't have an assault rifle the only thing you are able to do is call out. Locking on targets any quicker seems unnecessary considering the amount of damage dealt. If you're a t and have lock on for 10 seconds or what ever the cool down wants to be changed into then you have an unlimited AWP. Perhaps the first attack needs a slight damage in increase other then that the Kunai's are fine for what they are.

Edit:
After testing the Kunai's I realize that they aren't as OP as I thought. They do tilt me, but when I used them for a few times they weren't as for the god like they are. I voted for no change, but would like to change that to one of the suggestions granted. Beep bop boop.
Find

Kunai are a hard weapon to use, they travel slow, cant break walls or go thorough surfaces other bullets can, they leave a trail, and fire slow with low damage. The only thing that makes these weapons "decent" is if you land your empowered attack which leads to you being able to do your combo and kill the person. It's very hard to make this combo happen with people running behind walls, seeing the kunai coming at them, etc. When the weapon came out it was OKAY. Even buff worthy, but when people saw that

"OMG THAT FUCKING WEAPON JUST KILLED ME IN 2 SECONDS WTF IS THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT WHY IS A THING? IS THIS WOGS WTF"

As people usually do. Obviously the Kunai were not meant to be a viable weapon, more of a collection piece that was fun to use. And that's pretty much what it was pre nerf. It was a perfectly fine weapon, people just had not used it and only saw it when they died by it.

People tend to ignore the flaws, both intentional and unintentional, of a weapon. Kunai locks on = op. Kunai requires a perfect situation to kill someone = disregarded.

In summary, bring back old fast firing kunai. The weapon literally is just a worse less viable pistol lol.
Find

Of the little bit i've used the kunais the only time I killed anything with them were afks. They have the worse dps of basically everything, when they are slow firing projectiles that are hard to even aim. The only saving grace is the lock on which hindered more than helps if they are past 20 feet.
Find

While they may need a buff, can you please make it so if they hit me with a tracking one preround, and I kill myself before the round starts, it untracks me. It's annoying knowing I might be a T and fancy basically has me in a corner sometimes.