Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Purchasable Death Sounds

(05-15-2017, 01:36 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  
(05-15-2017, 01:12 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(05-15-2017, 12:59 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  except clientside for the noises of everyone who dies instead of that default scream.

To clear it up - You hear this noise for everyone who dies - it isn't the noise you make when you die.

Ohhhh, ok, that's cool. Yes I support this idea +1

this
When a dragon round begins.

Find

I want a classic lamp breaking followed by a cat meow that you hear in the good ol' comedic movies and I'll be good to go.
Find

Does anyone have terran dying mid talking recorded?
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

Suggest some more deathsounds and I'm down to give it a shot.

I also just made a way to download and cache sounds from the webserver without adding extra on-join downloads. The first time will play somewhat delayed (like jihad/post round music), but after it's cached you will not notice near as bad of a delay as it will play from the file. This should be pretty handy for things like this and for web-network optimization. If you'd like to make it MUCH easier for me, you can clip the sound yourself via audacity to the section you want, and upload a .mp3 or .wav to dropbox and provide that link.

The same can be done with Jihad sounds to make it less tedious for me to add(if you do this I will add them basically asap).

EDIT:

Also this reminds me, I finally got around to fixing the caching of streamed textures/models. So that will also help and speed up loading streamed stuff.
Find

(05-15-2017, 01:12 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(05-15-2017, 12:59 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  except clientside for the noises of everyone who dies instead of that default scream.

To clear it up - You hear this noise for everyone who dies - it isn't the noise you make when you die.

Oh, that'd be fine then.
Find

While we're at it, can we have purchasable scorpion hook sounds?

I've always wanted :22 to :25
to make someone get over here.
Find

I need the oof death sound
Find