Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Lower player count and add second TTT server?
Yes. (20 player max)
Yes (18 player max)
Yes. (16 player max)
No Thanks
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lower player count, add second TTT server.

(05-11-2017, 05:24 PM)Kuro Wrote:  Would both servers be entirely the same?

There was discussion a while back for a more relaxed rules server, would this new server have any alternate rules or changes to the current rules?

Also would this change quests, particularly the one that requires you to get 10 kills as a traitor? That would be much more difficult with a lower player count

I 100% support a more relaxed rules server. Where more logic would be allowed.
Find

(05-11-2017, 05:46 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(05-11-2017, 05:24 PM)Kuro Wrote:  Would both servers be entirely the same?

There was discussion a while back for a more relaxed rules server, would this new server have any alternate rules or changes to the current rules?

Also would this change quests, particularly the one that requires you to get 10 kills as a traitor? That would be much more difficult with a lower player count

I 100% support a more relaxed rules server. Where more logic would be allowed.

then it would get a bit confusing, if a new player came from the relaxed server and joined the stricter one, what if they mass rdm because for somereason logic worked out? even if its impossible just what if it did happen or something similar

(05-11-2017, 06:32 PM)Angry_Reaper Wrote:  then it would get a bit confusing, if a new player came from the relaxed server and joined the stricter one, what if they mass rdm because for somereason logic worked out? even if its impossible just what if it did happen or something similar

That probably wouldn't happen if they read the MotD.

I agree with Reaper, I think having two different set of rules would be difficult. There would also be a lot of gray lining that would be stressful to staff between the "but this is allowed here" and "but this shouldn't be allowed here". It should be kept the same just to keep everything easier for everyone. It's not like the rules are super strict anyway.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(05-12-2017, 12:10 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  It's not like the rules are super strict anyway.

Actually, compared to other TTT servers, our rules are very strict.

By less strict rules, we mean just allow for more logic. Example: You hear a sniper shot come from inside a once entrance room that you're right outside of. Less than a second later, you open the door, and you see a guy with a sniper staring outside a window. You should be able to use logic to kill him.

We already talked to Brassx about this already a while ago, and he said that if we ever got a second server, that he would probably make it a "less strict" server.

(05-12-2017, 12:18 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(05-12-2017, 12:10 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  It's not like the rules are super strict anyway.

By less strict rules, we mean just allow for more logic. Example: You hear a sniper shot come from inside a one entrance room that you're right outside of. Less than a second later, you open the door, and you see a guy with a sniper staring outside a window. You should be able to use logic to kill him.

I already do this.... You should be able to do this....

As for the topic of the thread goes, I personally like a larger server allowing 25 people. I usually just clientside mute anyone too annoying on the mic and it makes it less hectic. Lots of people to kill as the T and lots of T buddies to work with is usually nice. If it is getting to the point FRG needs a second server I would be fine with that server being 16 player max and the other server staying 25 max. That's my vote for what it's worth.
Find

normally people would say that is kos of location tho ^^
edit: or sound whatever idk
Find

(05-12-2017, 01:22 AM)Denneh Wrote:  normally people would say that is kos of location tho ^^

Yeah, that's what's annoying about it. The rules are way too strict for extremely logically occurrences.
Find

(05-12-2017, 01:22 AM)Denneh Wrote:  normally people would say that is kos of location tho ^^

I always thought KOS off location was if you said "KOS the guy in (location.)"

You should be able to use common sense. What tobias described is common sense. If you hear a sniper shot come from a one entrance building from a distance away and you take 15 seconds or so to walk to the building, then enter and see a guy with a sniper looking out a window that is a bit different. there was time for the original sniper to leave and this guy just came in. If you are outside the door and hear the shot then open the door and see him that's pretty obvious. I would 100% kill them.
Find

(05-12-2017, 01:26 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  

I always thought KOS off location was if you said "KOS the guy in (location.)"

You should be able to use common sense. What tobias described is common sense. If you hear a sniper shot come from a one entrance building from a distance away and you take 15 seconds or so to walk to the building, then enter and see a guy with a sniper looking out a window that is a bit different. there was time for the original sniper to leave and this guy just came in. If you are outside the door and hear the shot then open the door and see him that's pretty obvious. I would 100% kill them.

The excuse people use is "the guy could have cloaked or teleported away", which I think is a pretty dumb.
Find