Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trail Mix's Long List of Ideas and Suggestions

Brick 
Hi. Prepare to wear down your scroll wheel a little bit.

Melees:

Clobberer's Revolver
Code:
Rarity: Legendary
-30% firerate
+30% damage
-15% mobility
-25% range
Deals 35% more damage to targets wielding guns.
Deals 65% less damage to targets wielding anything that isn't a gun.

Dueling Blade
Code:
Rarity: Rare
+25% firerate
-30% damage
+10% mobility
+25% range
Instantly kills any player also wielding a dueling blade.

Banhammer
Code:
Rarity: Primordial
+50% damage
-50% firerate
-15% mobility
+15% range
This weapon sends people flying with it's alternate fire.

Gavel
Code:
+10% damage
+25% firerate
+10% mobility
-35% range
Has a 50/50 chance to deal either no damage or triple damage.

Primaries:

Pepper S [P90 (Base stats on Mac10)]
Code:
+15% accuracy
-15% damage
+10 clip
+15% mobility
+35% stability
-40% reload speed
+35% draw speed
Has a 1 in 10-16 chance to inflict spicy flames, dealing 1 damage every second for 10 seconds.
This weapon's effect is guaranteed to proc if the target is inflicted with salty frost.

Famous [Famas]
Code:
+15% damage
-35% firerate
-10 clip
+50% stability
Fires a 5 round burst.
This weapon has a very loud firing sound.

Panicking A.A.A.A-249 [H.U.G.E-249]
Code:
+25% accuracy
-65% damage
+85% firerate
+150 clip
+15% stability
Once you start firing, you can't stop until you run out of ammo.
While firing, take 25% more damage from all sources.

The Speaker [Shotgun]
Code:
Rarity: Godlike
-100% accuracy
+50% damage
-20% firerate
-4 clip
-50% stability
Has a 1 in 3-4 chance to muffle a target's hearing on hit.
This weapon has a loud firing sound.
Deals 25% more damage to targets that are standing still.

The Listener [Rifle]
Code:
+50% accuracy
+33% damage
-18% firerate
+10 clip
+90% stabiity
-35% draw speed
This weapon has a quiet firing sound.
Deals 50% less damage to targets that are standing still.

Cerberus [Galil]
Code:
-65% accuracy
+25% damage
-35% firerate
+5 clip
-40% mobility
+35% stability
Fires 3 bullets at once, in a horizontal pattern.
This weapon's bullets move very slowly, and are very small.

Secondaries:

Salter S [Glock]
Code:
-15% damage
-35% firerate
-35% accuracy
-2 clip
+20% mobility
+50% stability
+25% draw speed
This weapon fires a 4 shot burst.
This weapon has a 1 in 6-9 chance to inflict salty frost, lowering the target's mobility by 20% for 6 seconds.
This weapon's effect is guaranteed to proc if the target is inflicted with spicy flames.

Hand of the West [Revolver (Base stats on Deagle)]
Code:
-15% accuracy
+25% damage
+25% firerate
-25% mobility
-2 clip
-40% stability
+75% draw speed
A revolver. Deals double damage for 1-2 seconds after being drawn. Draws very quickly.

Hand Cannon [Deagle]
Code:
+20% accuracy
+50% damage
-6 clip
-25% firerate
-10% mobility
-50% stabiliy
This weapon knocks you back when firing.
This weapon pushes targets forcefully on hit.

Slicer [Deagle]
Code:
+10% accuracy
-1 clip
+25% damage
+15% firerate
+10% mobility
-10% stability
+15% reload speed
No head or limb shot multipliers.

The Escape Route [Pistol]
Code:
+25% accuracy
-10 clip
-50% firerate
+25% mobility
+50% reload speed
+25% draw speed
+50% stability
Has a chance to boost your mobility by 25% on a rightful kill.
Cloaks you slightly for 3-6 seconds on a rightful kill.

The Other Prayer [Glock]
Code:
+25% accuracy
-15% damage
+25% firerate
+12% mobility
-18% stability
"I think this goes somewhere in the middle?"
Has a chance to bounce bullets off of surfaces.
Hold right click to fire a higher damage bullet that is guaranteed to ricochet.

Infinity [Glock]
Code:
+40% accuracy
+10% damage
-15% firerate
-10% mobility
+25% stability
"...And when they wept, they cried tears of bullets."
This weapon has infinite ammo and infinite clip.
This weapon's accuracy gradually decreases while firing. It's limit is -300%.

Prefixes/Suffixes:

Sacrificial [Prefix]
Code:
+40% accuracy
+42% damage
-15-20% firerate
-20-30% stability
This weapon consumes <x> hp per attack. (x is inversely proportional to firerate.)

...of the Night [Suffix]
Has a chance to blind the target, weakening their vision.

Other Attributes:

*This weapon has a chance to shoot a higher damage, slow moving bullet.
*This weapon has a very quiet firing sound.
*Enemies killed with this weapon will not scream when killed.

Traitor/Detective Equipment:

Tester Repellent [Traitor]:
Things that would scan you as a traitor instead return you as innocent.

Traitex Gloves [Traitor]:
Subtracts 50% of the time that DNA lasts on bodies you kill.

Retrieval Gun [Detective]:
Shoot at something (a prop, weapon or body [doesn't work on living people]) to teleport it close to you on solid ground. Has 3 uses. Does not consume a use on miss.

Flashlight of Revealing [Detective]:
Your flashlight makes barnacles and bear traps glow.

Non-weapon suggestions:

Pointshop dyes: Semi rare items that allow you to color/texture pointshop items. Some colors are rarer and cooler, like glass or gold, but others are very standard, like blue or red.

Scrapping and Crafting: Inspired by tf2. Take an unwanted weapon and get scrap metal based on it's rarity. Combine two of the same type of metal and some coins (coin value based on rarity aka 1 coin for ordinary, 7500 coins for godlike) to craft a random new weapon of the same rarity.

Crystal Charge Transferring: Take two charged crystals and combine them, and get 1 empty crystal and one crystal with the charge of the other two crystals combined.

Lobby remote: Granted to level 20 players (or higher), the lobby remote would allow you to access your bank and quest rewards from the TTT server. You would still need to go there to play boss fights & minigames or gamble, however.

Daily challenge: A difficult and very specific quest every day with a specific reward offered. The reward is always rare or legendary, and the quests would be things like "Overkill: Kill the last innocent alive while they are tranquilized." or "Corrupt Coroner: Hang 8 bodies from the ceiling in a single round."

More credits: Instead of each traitor or detective weapon costing 1 credit, each traitor starts with 8 credits, and each item has a different price. Body armor would be 3 credits, radar would be 2 credits, disguiser would be 4 credits, knife would be 3 credits, etc.. Also, credits would overall be obtained more (1 for every 2/3 innocents killed? 3 creds for a detective?). Would allow for better or worse T weapons to be significantly more balanced just by changing their price, and would allow for interesting ways to play.

Item upgrades: Instead of buying something once and being done with it, bought items could be upgraded for an extra credit (or multiple based on the previous suggestion.) For instance, body armor would only be 25% damage reduction, but could be upgraded to 35%. Disguiser could be upgraded to allow you to pretend to be someone else that is missing in action. Radar could be upgraded to refresh faster (once every 15 seconds?). Would give some dynamics, and possibly interesting builds for people wanting that extra spice and tactical planning.

...did you want a tl;dr? Sorry, life's not always that easy.
Find

Nice list! My fav gun is the Panicking A.A.A.A-249. some of the other ones are a bit OP tho.
Find

love the t weapons and the bank remote

the escape route gun wouldnt work though bc it shows roles too clearly, dont want kosing off half invisible people running around to be a thing

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I like it but the glock infinity seems a bit op and that my profile pic is from INFINITY blade :3
Find

I don't like infinity very much. I've tested glock damage with 10%. Its about 21 HS damage. A gun with an infinity clip that takes 5 Headshots to kill will do better than any gun that has to reload. Besides, all that I need to do to increase accuracy again is stop firing apparently.

Unless you give the speaker some distinct look, it will be broken. Shotguns can kill when they're up close anyway, why give it more damage. +50% damage is insane for a shotgun. Not only that, but +25% is nonsense to add upon it. -10% damage then +5% when they're standing still. I know all of the other stats are bad, but then why even bother using it if it's only usable if you're severely close to them at all times.

Panicking A.A.A.A-249 seems kinda bad? What if there's no ammo on the map? It seems like it would only work if you used a dimension crystal with it. Whats stopping the player from quick switching or swapping to another weapon while using it?

Pepper S & Salter S, Does flame stack? Does one go away when the other is proc'd? Is it even worth it to keep switching out?

Slicer [Deagle] seems pointless to the point where people use deagles for headshots usually.

Escape route seems like it needs reworked. +50% mobility is crazy. Imagine that on a speed round. -50% firerate is a crazy nerf too. I couldn't imagine this being equally used as a innocent because it doesn't seem practical other than running away from multiple traitors which isn't usually done unless you are the last one.

I don't generally agree with anything with decreased bullet speed because any GUN in the gamemode has practically point and click properties.

Alot of these weapons seem like they could go a tier lower.

Tester Repellent: at the moment, traitor testers are broken. This was tested on Traitor motel and 67th way. both show traitors as innocent...Could be slightly useful if that's fixed. If it gets fixed, it would need a limited use maybe in seconds, which people would just keep testing you.

Flashlight of Revealing: Bear traps and Barnacles are actually VERY visible. I hardly get caught in either of them if they're out in the open. Hardly worth a credit.

I remember seeing something about multiple credit items on the forums. I can't find it. TTT wasn't meant for it or something. Balancing issues iirc.
Find

(04-28-2017, 05:24 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I don't generally agree with anything with decreased bullet speed because any GUN in the gamemode has practically point and click properties.

Yep. GMOD's (and pretty much all source games) have 'hitscan' bullets. There isn't actually a real physical bullet, the 'tracer' you see is just a particle effect to make it seem like there was, but there was never anything physically moving through the world.
Find

(04-28-2017, 05:41 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(04-28-2017, 05:24 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I don't generally agree with anything with decreased bullet speed because any GUN in the gamemode has practically point and click properties.

Yep. GMOD's (and pretty much all source games) have 'hitscan' bullets. There isn't actually a real physical bullet, the 'tracer' you see is just a particle effect to make it seem like there was, but there was never anything physically moving through the world.
I know this. The idea is that it would replace the standard bullets with a bullet projectile that moves at a slow pace instead of being hitscan. Slower was just an easier way to describe it as a stat. Nobody wants to read four sentences to figure out what a basic effect on a gun does.

(04-28-2017, 05:24 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I don't like infinity very much. I've tested glock damage with 10%. Its about 21 HS damage. A gun with an infinity clip that takes 5 Headshots to kill will do better than any gun that has to reload. Besides, all that I need to do to increase accuracy again is stop firing apparently.

Unless you give the speaker some distinct look, it will be broken. Shotguns can kill when they're up close anyway, why give it more damage. +50% damage is insane for a shotgun. Not only that, but +25% is nonsense to add upon it. -10% damage then +5% when they're standing still. I know all of the other stats are bad, but then why even bother using it if it's only usable if you're severely close to them at all times.

Panicking A.A.A.A-249 seems kinda bad? What if there's no ammo on the map? It seems like it would only work if you used a dimension crystal with it. Whats stopping the player from quick switching or swapping to another weapon while using it?

Pepper S & Salter S, Does flame stack? Does one go away when the other is proc'd? Is it even worth it to keep switching out?

Slicer [Deagle] seems pointless to the point where people use deagles for headshots usually.

Escape route seems like it needs reworked. +50% mobility is crazy. Imagine that on a speed round. -50% firerate is a crazy nerf too. I couldn't imagine this being equally used as a innocent because it doesn't seem practical other than running away from multiple traitors which isn't usually done unless you are the last one.

Alot of these weapons seem like they could go a tier lower.

Tester Repellent: at the moment, traitor testers are broken. This was tested on Traitor motel and 67th way. both show traitors as innocent...Could be slightly useful if that's fixed. If it gets fixed, it would need a limited use maybe in seconds, which people would just keep testing you.

Flashlight of Revealing: Bear traps and Barnacles are actually VERY visible. I hardly get caught in either of them if they're out in the open. Hardly worth a credit.

I remember seeing something about multiple credit items on the forums. I can't find it. TTT wasn't meant for it or something. Balancing issues iirc.

I agree with a lot of this. Perhaps some balance changes are in order.

The slicer is meant to be a reliable sidearm; I always get sick of limb shots making what would have been a solid kill into more of a guaranteed death. Maybe up the damage or firerate to make it more useful? It's not meant to be a instakill, it's meant to be a damager, like the Slasher is.

The Pepper S's effect doesn't stack, but the effects don't overwrite eachother, and refresh their time if they proc a second time. I felt that having a loadout that constantly debuffs your enemy if you are good at managing your items would be an interesting way to deal with opponents in a 1v1, since you can't always get one hit kills or backstabs all the time. That's why the draw speed has been buffed drastically on both weapons.

The panicking cannot be switched during firing, as that would count as stopping firing. Also, huges aren't necessarily things you reload often, considering their maxammo is 60.

I agree that the speaker is unbalanced, I was very tired when writing it's stats. Definitely reduce that damage buff, and maybe make it's debuffs a little less excessive in turn.

One stat I wanted to add to the infinity is that the firerate also decreases while firing. Also, it should be noted that it doesn't go back to normal instantly when you stop firing; it's slow to return back to default.

Some rarities should be decreased, yes. Panicking should be Legendary, salter and pepper S might be better as legendary too, etc.. I might edit this post later with those changes.

Also, any opinions on the melee weapons, Listener, Hand of the West, Famous, Cerberus, Hand Cannon or Other Prayer?
(i had a better idea for another other prayer tooltip: "Spray and Pray.")
Find