Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Community Crate

This idea was brought to me by Bri(he mentioned him and a few others discussed it), although it has been discussed before.

Here's my idea for it, it might be a bit over-complicated but I'm looking to brush up on my php skills and it sounds like fun to make:
  • An anonymous page for submitting your ideas.
    This page will have a form for submitting your ideas, containing forms/boxes for typical stats, weapon class, possible traits/sufixes, and an 'other box' in certain areas to describe your idea(if there's not a form for your specific idea, there will be an other box)
  • Each idea will be viewable you guys, and have a "Rate Up" option(basically a +1). The person who submitted it will be anonymous and only shown to me.
  • Ones with the most +1s will be added to the current WIP community crate series.

Something simple like that, straightforward and will allow people to vote for those they'd like to see. Do note I would be able to see who votes for what, so if you use alt accounts or anything to vote on yours, I will know. This would also make things easier for me to keep track of what people like. Things like custom models could be suggested in the "Other Info" box, but you'd need to provide an exact link to a working view/world model. So I'd prefer if you keep the custom models to those build into GMOD/CSS/HL2.

Users who's submissions get accepted into the crate could get a mention in the crates description, or have a special badge or something else TBD.

What do you guys think? We could make this a routine thing to get your ideas added. These crates would contain ONLY community made items. Nothing from the global table.
Find

I think it would be pretty interesting.

As long as the community gets a say in what gets added and what doesn't I don't see an issue with it.
Find

So not a single thing that is from the regular table would be added into the crate. So we would need to come up with new tiers for everything is what you are saying?
Find

(04-27-2017, 11:11 PM)Poison Wrote:  So not a single thing that is from the regular table would be added into the crate. So we would need to come up with new tiers for everything is what you are saying?

Yes. You guys would basically make/decide everything that goes into it.
Find

(04-27-2017, 11:28 PM)Poison Wrote:  Sounds like fantastic

gud quote
Find

That's when about 100 suggestions come from a single person.
Find

(04-27-2017, 11:28 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(04-27-2017, 11:28 PM)Poison Wrote:  Sounds like fantastic

+1

tried to delete that but guess i didn't do it in time
28 on everything else on my Act but a 19 on my english portion
Find

When can the ideas start rolling in
Find

(04-27-2017, 11:29 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  That's when about 100 suggestions come from a single person.

I could easily limit the amount of suggestions per person, but even then it wont hurt because people would review and +1 the ones they want to see!
Find

I love this idea because I've always wanted to contribute SOMETHING to this server and this could be my chance
Find