Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

A "Flashback" Crate

this would break the economy (even more than now) when someone gets any of those godlikes. AT LEAST make the weapons you roll from these untradable, so it doesn't effect the economy as badly

QUOTED FROM TOBONERASS HIMSELF
Currently, there are 7+ godlikes that can no longer be dropped that I really want

Here is a list of them (in order of my priorities)
Last Prayer
X-Cape
Snow Flakes
Rainbow Party Hat (This will not be included due to it being a fundraiser item)
Esoteric
Snow Globe
Solar System
Lava Cape
First Prayer
Cerberus[Can still technically be dropped from luck maps]
Daybreak[Can still technically be dropped from luck maps]
Nephthys[Can still technically be dropped from asylum]
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Keep in mind that people would be fighting over each other to get a godlike that the person who drops it probably wants to keep. It can't break the economy if the guy is set on keeping it.

i t ' s a n o f r o m m e
Find

If the guy then wants to keep it, it'll start the same shitty cycle again and all you kiddos will eventually start complaining again
The only thing this crate will effectively do is remove the perk of playing this server for a long time and lower the hype for the special godlikes because people just know they can get it again later.

also tj that directly contradicts a majority of the argument for this crate to exist

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(11-18-2017, 07:12 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  If the guy then wants to keep it, it'll start the same shitty cycle again and all you kiddos will eventually start complaining again
The only thing this crate will effectively do is remove the perk of playing this server for a long time and lower the hype for the special godlikes because people just know they can get it again later.

also tj that directly contradicts a majority of the argument for this crate to exist

No, the entire point for the crate to exist is so more active players can actually get the guns.

Nobody said it really has to be just for the trading aspect, though that is one issue that currently plagues the server. Its so more people can enjoy these guns and actually play with them. I've played the server just as much as you have, and I don't have any of these Godlikes. Even the players that have been around forever don't have these so that isn't really a valid argument.
Find

the more active players can get more rare godlikes that'll surely get released in the future
if they want to use the old guns, theyll drop off bodies or something ingame, theres surely a better solution than completely revoking any benefit from playing for years on this server

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(11-18-2017, 07:12 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  If the guy then wants to keep it, it'll start the same shitty cycle again and all you kiddos will eventually start complaining again

There's hype to a weapon you aren't going to get ever?

Also, no it doesn't. It means someone else gets to enjoy the experience of having a weapon that no one else has.

Thats also a perk of the server: Having the ability to get something when they weren't on. Every player is a person and has their own preference, sorry they couldn't couldn't get the only godlike mac10.
Find

(11-18-2017, 07:18 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  the more active players can get more rare godlikes that'll surely get released in the future
if they want to use the old guns, theyll drop off bodies or something ingame, theres surely a better solution than completely revoking any benefit from playing for years on this server

How are they suppose to pick up these guns off the ground when people that have them either don't play or don't use them?

Having a godlike isn't a "benefit" for playing years on this server. You don't get a guaranteed godlike for playing so time is literally an invalid argument. Even the people that were here for an event don't have the godlike. Just because someone didn't get lucky for a single event doens't mean they should be shut out of ever getting it again.

I mean you weren't here for enhanced crate 2, by your logic doesn't that mean you shouldn't have the esoteric?
Find

I get both sides, but I also think you're missing an extremely obvious point:
A lot of you didn't even like these godlikes when they were brand new.

For instance, Tobias had a Last Prayer, he thought it was dumb and trash or what ever, and got rid of it. Hell, a large chunk of you hated the last prayer when it was new. Calling it 'bland' and 'awful', etc.

These items are 'special' and 'sought after' mainly because they are this rare. Otherwise if the crates still were on the shop, they would turn into pretty much any other godlike, which have kinda turned into 'no one really cares too much anymore'. You can argue against that, but those facts really do speak for themselves. People want what they can't have.

Just think to yourself, if these godlikes were as common as the others, would people care as much? Probably not. It's not like they are best-in-slot godlikes or anything.

Now I don't agree with them NEVER being obtainable again, but I do agree with keeping them sought after, and using that drive as a new type of sink/goal for people.

I do have plans to re-introduce some of these, but in a way that keeps them rare, but makes it actually 'possible' to obtain them.

Those of you that think these being re-added will break the economy are probably over thinking it, simply because these items aren't traded currently at all, so worst case it drops the prices of a few existing godlikes, and drops the prices of the 'expired' ones. Eventually re-balancing out.

Quote:How are they suppose to pick up these guns off the ground when people that have them either don't play or don't use them?

Having a godlike isn't a "benefit" for playing years on this server. You don't get a guaranteed godlike for playing so time is literally an invalid argument. Even the people that were here for an event don't have the godlike. Just because someone didn't get lucky for a single event doens't mean they should be shut out of ever getting it again.

I mean you weren't here for enhanced crate 2, by your logic doesn't that mean you shouldn't have the esoteric?

Pretty sure he means it gives players that were here during those times a sense of pride/achievement to obtain it. It also grants additional incentives to play during limited time events, in hopes of achieving one of the 'limited time' godlikes.
Find

Yeah that's true, but these Godlikes are also almost half of all the currently existing ones(not including accessories).

Look how many you can't get anymore compared to the ones that can still drop from crates: Thrakos, Tartarus, Ascultone, Frost/Ferno, Serelath/Zizaldirs Bow, Eleos, Gemstone(Though it isn't really a gun), Megaladon

10:9(If you count the Cerberus, Daybreak, and Nephthys)

Don't you think if that many guns aren't droppable anymore that chances are some people are gonna like them due to them actually being cool, and not just because they can't have it?

When a majority of the "cool" guns of the server aren't even able to be gotten anymore it just feels like you can't really progress and get all the godlikes as some people are trying to do.
Find