Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Infected/Hunter skins not working

Ever since starting to play the server, I've only really had one consistant server problem: I can't see infected or hunter skins. They're completely invisible, and it kind of ruins the minigames for me. I understand that they're supposed to be hard to see, but I had the hunter stand right in front of me and I didn't see anything at all model-wise. Any suggestions such as finding it in my gmod/downloads/models and deleting, reinstalling afterwards? (Wanted to try that, but couldn't find the files for Hunter and Infected, nor do I know where to go to download it.)
Find

Can you see the cloak? Like when traitor use the Cloak T-Item?

Hunters and Infected do not use a custom model(model is css/hl2, if you were missing that you would see a giant error usually)), they use what's called a refraction texture. However, if it detects the user does not have the texture (in case they try to remove it for exploit reasons) it reverts to a different texture that's actually a bit harder to see.
Find

(04-13-2017, 06:29 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Can you see the cloak? Like when traitor use the Cloak T-Item?

Hunters and Infected do not use a custom model(model is css/hl2, if you were missing that you would see a giant error usually)), they use what's called a refraction texture. However, if it detects the user does not have the texture (in case they try to remove it for exploit reasons) it reverts to a different texture that's actually a bit harder to see.

I cannot see the cloak textures either, though I didn't mention because I didn't make the connection between the two. Is there a way to install the texture/redownload? Also, it might be because I have all video settings set to minimum because my pc is really bad and even when it is set to the lowest it can go, I still get an average of 15 fps.
Find

I think I fixed it. I had my texture settings set to minimum, but after turning back onto high, I can now see a faint outline of the Hunter, though I still can't see infected models until after they die.
Find