Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trading to identify Traitor

If you trade someone preround, you can then wait until the round starts and either you or the other person dies. Once one of you die, you can see who killed the deceased and call out the traitor in trade chat without giving it away to anyone else. ~ Has potential to ruin rounds completely.
Find

Or you can just steam message them. You know, the easy way.
Find

Oh yeah. Apologies I completely forgot to respond to your PM on the matter.

We've been up going on 3 years now(not including my time as VP on a different server before this, where I created an Inventory/trading system too), and trading has been here since Day 1. This is not really a problem worth doing much about. If people REALLY wanted to 'ghost', they can use one of any huge number of 'untraceable' methods. It's quite obvious when people do it however, and we've not had too many situation involving it.

There's teamspeak, discord, steam messages, and countless other methods they can use. It's to the point where starting a trade, keeping it up (being unable to interact with the world), just to secretly message each other in it, simply isn't plausible enough to be worried about, when there's actually just so many other ways they can do it. Basically at the start of FRG I deemed it not really worth impacting any possible legit trade discussions that could be possibly going on in the trade window when a new round starts.
Find

^ this being said if you do find someone ghosting/hacking do not announce it to the server, contact staff and get proof.  Most people shout it to the heavens causing the players to leave without them being punished :/
Find