Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Would you like custom player models?
sure
no ty
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Custom Player Models.

We've had this discussion long ago and it seemed just about everyone did not like the idea of having them, that is, ones not already included with GMOD/Css.

However, while experimenting around awhile back, I've managed to come up with a method of rendering Clientside Player models. That means I can allow users to toggle 'custom player models' at will. It also means any custom player models will not change any hitboxes at all (most usually don't anyways), however, some models do infact need bigger hitboxes. (I'd most likely avoid those)

With that in mind, would any of you like to see any special player models? I'm not talking about adding one big ass pack of player models and have everyone run around as anime characters and what not, but 'special' player models that are fairly uncommon. These could be disabled via f1>settings if it's getting in the way of your gameplay.

Now keep in mind, this MAY never come to pass. This system is highly experimental and would need a lot of testing before I actually officially keep it. I may run some live tests with it sometime soon just to see, but if no one would like any of these I doubt I will continue work on it.

I will NOT allow users to disable default GMOD/CSS/HL2 models though, only ones you need to download upon server join.
Find

Yes, we need more than just the boring models in my opinion. While sure you dont download them, something would be nice rather than people hunting to be the next charpie meme. +1
Vanished from life
Find

No thanks, this a TTT server, not a DarkRP server. I dont want to see retards running around as iron man or some shit like that.

Plus, even if you can disable them, you still have to download them, which takes forever.

wow i just noticed you said no anime characters

def -1 from me
Find

Only if we get a Spyro playermodel kek. But uea I think this would be a great then I wouldnt have a bunch of mossman in my F3 inventory

I mean, it really depends on the playermodel. I wouldn't mind if someone had some kind of knight skin but at the same time if I see some weeb running around, it's going to provoke me to RDM them.

As long as it doesn't look too ridiculous I don't mind seeing different playermodels.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

There's a lot of models that can be used from half life 2. Like Charples brother (Excel Posted about it a while ago)
Different combine colors. Zombie combine. There's alternatives than anime, iron man, Penis man running around
Twistz
Positive (+1): Ill Baja Blast you in bed Kappa. +1.

While I do enjoy custom player models, I must say that I do not agree with an addition of them in a TTT server. It's just too catastrophic in my opinion if that makes sense, Plus normal models from half life 2 that were already implemented into GMOD are good enough in my opinion. It's fine if there are different models from time to time, but no crazy shit like mario or samus aran. Plus we already have accessories that make us all unique in style.
Find

Maybe save the player models for the realm thingie.

IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JUST ADD MORE CS:S AND HALF-LIFE MODELS. THEN EVERYONE'S HAPPY.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(04-04-2017, 11:54 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JUST ADD MORE CS:S AND HALF-LIFE MODELS. THEN EVERYONE'S HAPPY.
Find