Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Easter Suggestion

Star 
I was recently thinking about the Easter update that may or may not be coming, and I thought of a good idea (IMO).

Background Info
If any of you know the game series Spyro, you may know what I'm talking about. In the Spyro game series there is a antagonist character, he is known as the Thief in the game. He took all the eggs from the dragon kingdom and is trying to keep the eggs from Spyro and the rest of the dragons.

How this will go into FRG Lobby
In the Lobby there will be a Spyro NPC there waiting for you to get the quest. He will say "SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! Oh, Hello Stranger of this world. I am Spyro from the dragon kingdom. I saw one of the thieves come to this world with an egg! I need those eggs to bring back to my kingdom! Could you be a kind being and find him for me?" Then you Accept the quest.

How this will work in the TTT Server
The thieve will be making a noise that is similar to the one in the Spyro game and it will help you find him on the map. When you get close to him he will run away and only stay on land and not go on props. (IF, he encounters a ladder he will teleport on to the bottom of the ladder and keep going) He will stay on a pattern path so that you can easily figure out your next move on him. The thieve will be client side and you will be able to collide with him so you can grab him. The thieve will then disappear and you will have to wait till next round to get him again. I think you should have to get 25 eggs from the thieves (1 egg per thief) and then turn it in for 5 easter eggs or an easter egg basket which contain a random amount of eggs when opened ranging from 7 - 15 eggs. (Edit: For the final prize from the Easter Egg Hunt maybe we could get a sparx follower kind of like a navi. I don't have a player model atm, but I will get one after school)

Player Models and Sound Files/ Videos
Spyro Model: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301284106&searchtext=spyro

Spyro Thieve Model: I couldn't find a Spyro Thief Model, but I do have an image of it http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/File:Thieves.png

Spyro Egg: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375836289&searchtext=spyro+egg

Spyro Thief Taunting Noise:

I may be asking for a little to much, but I don't know. I just wanted this Easter to be more than walking around finding 100 eggs and then go to Gregg and turn them in. Some of it may be hard to code like the thief going in a pattern and staying on a pattern path, but if it is to hard to manage I will politely take a no and move on with my day. Thank you for your time.  Heart
Find

The problem with this is that in the Spyro games, either Spyro accelerates or the thief decelerates when you're going fast enough. In TTT, you're stuck at a fixed mobility for that round so you would never be able to catch him, unless you changed how the thief worked.

Also, what about maps like Crummy cradle with the blowing vent? What about Rooftops when someone breaks the platform in its path? Seems way too time sensitive to code all of these things for something minor. Also teleporting is a big no no if you're trying to make it fair to catch him. Imagine black mesa east with this ladder. Not only that, but you would have to create pathfinding for every map, multiple routes and try to make people not collide with each other if there are multiple thiefs in one path (It's client side, but the paths would be universal). This is assuming that i'm thinking this is the only way to make it so it doesn't go out of bounds. This is just too extreme for how minor the event is.

Not only that, but what if people put props in your way, or props are naturally in the way. People will yell at each other and that isn't fun. At least with cogs, its more about finding them in a static place.
Find

lol It's an improvement to the original egg hunting game in ntg days
Find

BRING GREGG BACK

(04-04-2017, 01:18 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  The problem with this is that in the Spyro games, either Spyro accelerates or the thief decelerates when you're going fast enough. In TTT, you're stuck at a fixed mobility for that round so you would never be able to catch him, unless you changed how the thief worked.

Also, what about maps like Crummy cradle with the blowing vent? What about Rooftops when someone breaks the platform in its path? Seems way too time sensitive to code all of these things for something minor. Also teleporting is a big no no if you're trying to make it fair to catch him. Imagine black mesa east with this ladder. Not only that, but you would have to create pathfinding for every map, multiple routes and try to make people not collide with each other if there are multiple thiefs in one path (It's client side, but the paths would be universal). This is assuming that i'm thinking this is the only way to make it so it doesn't go out of bounds. This is just too extreme for how minor the event is.

Not only that, but what if people put props in your way, or props are naturally in the way. People will yell at each other and that isn't fun. At least with cogs, its more about finding them in a static place.
He could have normal he could have speed of a swift or something and if he goes in a pattern and you eventually figure it out you will just have to stand and wait for him in the pattern spot and thats why I said he shouldnt be in the path woth a prop in the way
Find

(04-04-2017, 04:37 PM)Halaman10 Wrote:  
(04-04-2017, 01:18 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
He could have normal he could have speed of a swift or something and if he goes in a pattern and you eventually figure it out you will just have to stand and wait for him in the pattern spot and thats why I said he shouldnt be in the path woth a prop in the way

At that point, why wouldn't you just say an egg that goes around the map.
That's not what the egg thief did. He would run in the opposite direction always trying to get away from you. He never walked into you.
Find

(04-04-2017, 04:42 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(04-04-2017, 04:37 PM)Halaman10 Wrote:  
(04-04-2017, 01:18 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  

At that point, why wouldn't you just say an egg that goes around the map.
That's not what the egg thief did. He would run in the opposite direction always trying to get away from you. He never walked into you.

Or we could have himsyanding in one spot like a cog and using his taunt voice like how you suggested with him being in one spot.
Find