Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Give mods the ability to force change maps

What the title says, or allow them to start last round mapvotes.

The ULX mapvote doesn't work correctly, and doesn't change the map 99% of the time, it just resets it.

idk
i think its fine if just admins have this

- That Thrakos Noob

(03-26-2017, 11:40 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  idk
i think its fine if just admins have this

I know when I was admin, I was never allowed to force change a map. I always had to go through the votemap. Might be different now but I don't think the mods we have now would abuse this and it would help quite a bit.
Find

or we could figure out why the current commands arent working properly instead of adding new powers to mods..tbh the amount of times you tried to change that map and failed made me want to kick a baby, not only did it reck end map ultra give away chances twice, we had way to many mid round votes going on and in the end we ended up playing about 40 rounds of the same map
Find

(03-27-2017, 04:38 PM)Awesome Wrote:  or we could figure out why the current commands arent working properly instead of adding new powers to mods..

i mean they should have the power to force change maps anyway.

there are times when there are game breaking bugs that require a map change, yet we can't because of a few idiots voting no on a vote(that doesnt even work most of the time)
Find

I updated my last comment on more why I think its a bad idea, I dont think mods have the judgement call to know when to use this including perhaps myself at times. We also should neverrrrrrrrrr do mid round votes, this is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Find

You can't force change maps because of the 'crash recovery' system. If the map doesn't 'cleanly' shut down via my mapvote system, it will assume the server crashed and load the saved state.

The best way would be to mod the ULX commands to popup the mapvote screen.
Find

ULX Voting is pretty broken, unless its like 95% it doesnt work. for votemap or for votekick / voteban. Its something in the ULX codes itself i know can be adjusted for ratio, but it should be at least set to half 50/50. Even then, ulx voting is KNOWN to be buggy about this hence why it doesnt work half the time
Vanished from life
Find

(03-27-2017, 04:44 PM)Awesome Wrote:  I updated my last comment on more why I think its a bad idea, I dont think mods have the judgement call to know when to use this including perhaps myself at times. We also should neverrrrrrrrrr do mid round votes, this is a huge pet peeve of mine.

then don't use it mid round? not much more i can say to that.

i see no reason for mods not to be able to start end game mapvotes if they have to. not for fun, but for game breaking issues.
Find

lol I dont mid round vote, ever. I cant control others though.
Find