Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Snowglobe REWORKED

Big Grin 
Before I even start, let’s go over orbs. Orbs aren’t guns, nor are they meant to be used in combat. They’re {Support} types, while guns and melees are {Attack} types. {Support} types are used for healing and reducing damage, while {Attack} types are used in actual fights. The Snowglobe is an orb, yet its abilities are reliant on using it in combat, and even if used in the perfect situation, at most you’ll receive 5 HP and a boost of speed for 2 seconds, because by time you’ve charged it and shot it, it’ll just fly thru the attacker and you’ll have been mowed down with a Yagginese Famas. Its abilities are impractical in TTT, and Brass and I have been talking off and on trying to find an actual use for it. I’ve brainstormed for a long time, asking others their opinions on it, and have finally put together my idea for the complete rework of the Snowglobe. The idea I went with for the Snowglobe is an item that allows an immediate retreat from an unfavorable fight while also allowing the use of a small, instant heal.

First, I’ll list the new abilities (seems OP until you see the cons):
  • Activating the Snowglobe once fully charged surrounds the user in a snowstorm (same one as it is now)
  • While active, the users mobility is increased by 50% (same as speedy)
  • Once activated, the user is invulnerable to all forms of damage except fall damage, fire damage, and map killzones (to prevent exploits)
  • Anyone who gets too close to the user (as in entering the snowstorm) while active is inflicted with “Permafrost”, a unique debuff that is essentially the Iced debuff, however it is permanent unless... (See Below)
  • “Permafrost” can only be removed by taking any form of fire damage

Here are the cons:
  • While active, the user cannot use ANY weapons (including melees) until the effect wears off
  • (Here’s the healing ability I talked about) Acts as a double-edged sword. If activated when ABOVE 50 HP, the user's health is set to 50. However, if activated BELOW 50 HP, the user is healed to 50 HP. This is in place to prevent instant fleeing to delay the round
  • Snowglobe is able to be used only ONCE a round
  • Taking fire damage while activated instantly shuts off the effects
  • Effect lasts for a very short time (up to Brass to determine, it’ll probably be only 10 to 20 seconds)

As always feedback is VERY useful. It allows me to determine what needs changed and/or fixed. Also note this is not an "Official" planned buff. This idea is based off my personal views on the item and should be treated as a normal suggestion. Basically Brass had no influence over me posting this.
Umpty Dumpty

make the snowglobe throw three hit snowballs
Twistz
Positive (+1): Ill Baja Blast you in bed Kappa. +1.
Find

(03-06-2017, 09:10 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  Before I even start, let’s go over orbs. Orbs aren’t guns, nor are they meant to be used in combat.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

1. either take out the speed increase or remove permafrost. Being speedy would mean you could get pretty much the entire server if you did it on a small map. Also some maps like lockout don't even have fire so you'd be stuck frosty for lyf.
2. there is no reason for it to heal. Having it take away health is redundant and so is giving it to you. There are other orbs for that.
Find

(03-06-2017, 09:42 PM)Fuzzy Wrote:  1. either take out the speed increase or remove permafrost. Being speedy would mean you could get pretty much the entire server if you did it on a small map. Also some maps like lockout don't even have fire so you'd be stuck frosty for lyf.
2. there is no reason for it to heal. Having it take away health is redundant and so is giving it to you. There are other orbs for that.

First of all, Thanks for ACTUAL feedback (Unlike wind)
Answering your first, the speed does seem a little op, so I'll go and change that. If the frost exists, there wouldn't be much of a need for speed considering your opponent is slowed down.
As for the 2nd, the healing is kinda ehhh, I added it in consideration of someone using the globe vs a healing orb. I wanted it to be used in more ways than one, with it's own drawbacks. If more people feel it is unneeded, I will remove it.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

i can see it right now, some t with the snowglobe activates it and runs around the map giving everybody perma frost, then once the storm is gone going around to all the popsicle terrorists and one deaging them before they can turn, definitly make the permafrost not perma, or atleast make it last at most a minute
Find

(03-06-2017, 09:53 PM)Angry_Reaper Wrote:  i can see it right now, some t with the snowglobe activates it and runs around the map giving everybody perma frost, then once the storm is gone going around to all the popsicle terrorists and one deaging them before they can turn, definitly make the permafrost not perma, or atleast make it last at most a minute

I could add that it can only be activated at a certain hp. This would somewhat prevent this.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

I would say make permafrost tick down hp at X damage per X tick until they read 55 hp, when they then permanently freeze (so you cant freeze everyone instantly in a combat situation)
With this, maybe +12% speed?
When a dragon round begins.

Find

permafrost is retarded and would actually make me shove a sword into my ass

(03-06-2017, 10:27 PM)Aresuft Wrote:  permafrost is retarded and would actually make me shove a sword into my ass

HEY! that's how I feel with almost all of your gun ideas / weapons you have RN