Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any mappers out there that wish making blend textures was a bit easier?

I wrote this tool for my cousin (the one who made the survive /lobby/krampus maps) for a project I have him working on for FRG.

It basically takes away a bit of the tediousness of creating custom blend textures for Terrain. For those of you that don't know what blend textures are, it's what allows you to paint Displacements(Terrain) with more than one texture in any given area.

The tool allows you to input two image (.jpg, .png, .tga, .bmp, etc) and automatically does the tedious work of creating a blend texture for those two materials. (it auto-generates two .VTFs and a .VMT) It allows for a few more options too. Here the very simple UI. Not the best but gets the job done:

If anyone would like to utilize this, just let me know and I'll PM you a download link.
Find

I would be very interested in this link, I am not familiar with any of the mapping programs in general but I would enjoy giving it a try.

PS. I will be finishing the designs for the Tarot Cards that Chosen came up with within the coming 10-20 days.
Find

rip melontagpro ;*(
Find

(02-23-2017, 06:12 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  rip melontagpro ;*(

Actually I had a version 2 that I was playing around with. I found a way to control physics clientside so that the input wasn't delayed at all and made the game playable, but it had issues syncing up with the server and handling collisions properly Sad. RIP indeed.

The gamemode was almost entirely finished too, had in-game map editor/map loaded and all of the mechanics of TagPro. If only GMOD gave us access to more of the physics engine so Clientside prediction could be applied. Feelsbad.

Also @beach, you realize this is just a tool to create textures for mapping in Hammer right?
Find