Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nerf bear traps

Please make them more visible, do less damage, or cause you to have a slowed and bleeding effect for some amount of time. You are 90% done for when caught in one and they are used practically every round by a least 1 T.

I use them for the novelty of it. Hit and run. Since we can't use the insta-kill method anymore, I think its fun to just run and weaken people just so you can kill them easier.

Instead of thinking "fuck this, I can't do shit because I can't kill for location", duck and see if he shoots you immediately. You have like a 10% chance of them shooting immediately and that means you can call them out and even shoot them.

PS: Bear traps are actually really visible. Think where they've been placed before, and also look in every door way of a major place/connector.
Find

Don't be a blind innocent, you have no job, the least you could do is watch where you're walking
Find

Well to be 100% honest, I don't think they should take away so much HP.

Maybe 25 damage would be better. They do completely get rid of your ability to move, which is already penalty enough.
Find

(02-15-2017, 10:38 PM)Aresuft Wrote:  Don't be a blind innocent, you have no job, the least you could do is watch where you're walking
You can hardly see them, it's not like people are gonna watch every step they take.
Find

No matter how I look at it beartraps are working as intended, they don't outright kill you unless you're heavily damaged (or some classy person stacked two traps on top of each other) and they clamp you down into one spot but still allow you fight back or break the trap.

You're supposed to be at a disadvantage when you get caught in the trap, you're supposed to feel like prey to a hunter - defenseless.

I've personally developed a sixth sense when it comes to trap spots, you've just got to be more wary when rushing into spots where it's likely a traitor is camping at

In my opinion they could be toned down a little bit. Maybe make them a little easier to see, so that they can't just be put in the middle of a big hallway, where no real trap would ever be. The damage is fine, if it was a real bear trap, you wouldn't have your leg anymore. Maybe put a limit on them though, like 3 or 4. You shouldnt be able to just completely cover an area with bear traps so that nobody can get to you without dying or getting stuck. That's really all though, everything else is fine.
Find

I think making them do 40 damage instead of 50 would be good and limiting the amount that can be bought per traitor to 2. I think there visibility is fine. You can see them if you are looking for them. They are new right now so most of us don't think to look for them but once we get used to them I think we will start noticing them easier.
Find

(02-16-2017, 12:52 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  I think making them do 40 damage instead of 50 would be good and limiting the amount that can be bought per traitor to 2. I think there visibility is fine. You can see them if you are looking for them. They are new right now so most of us don't think to look for them but once we get used to them I think we will start noticing them easier.

I don't think you can say they're new anymore. It's very obvious that they're present right now. People use them because they're good. I don't suggest making them do only 40 damage with only 2 being able to be bought. That's just going to promote the people to camp for the shooting. If you can go run around placing more, that's what you want people to do.
Find

I think bear traps work fine, honestly I dont even camp them anymore, I have gotten one shot by too many innos when I go to finish the kill I use them more for getaways then anything. For example if someone suspects I am T and they are starting to just follow me everywhere I will drop one down to get a leg up and get away from them. They work fine for the tactical advantage they were meant to give Ts but innos still can take on a traitor and win they just may not be able to crouch jump around while they do it :p
Find