Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Map vote change

With the way the mapvote works now, only 50% of the maps on FRG are played. So what if we had the mapvote work like random giveaways do, but to choose the map? Then everyone gets to vote on whether to play it or to reroll it once for another map that is then set in stone.

If this idea sounds awful, please suggest other ones. I just want to see more less popular maps get played
Find

I had this idea a while ago.

I think it would be good, however, if it does get added, add an RTV or something in case a really shitty map gets picked*
Find

rtv would kill ultra giveaway maybe?
Find

(02-15-2017, 10:25 PM)Denneh Wrote:  rtv would kill ultra giveaway maybe?

Not necessarily. Maybe it would only be enabled for the first 2 rounds then it gets disabled?
Find

Well considering most people only like half of the maps that's a given

I'd absolutely hate if I had no control over what map was played and some system told me what map I had to play. I'd honestly just leave if a map I don't like came up.

All maps are not equal. They aren't built the same and they do not play the same, so there's no worth in trying to fix something that's not broken
Find

(02-15-2017, 11:12 PM)Kuro Wrote:  Well considering most people only like half of the maps that's a given

I'd absolutely hate if I had no control over what map was played and some system told me what map I had to play. I'd honestly just leave if a map I don't like came up.

All maps are not equal. They aren't built the same and they do not play the same, so there's no worth in trying to fix something that's not broken

TTT is a casual game. This isn't CSGO where you need to know call outs for every map and all that. A change of scenery is nice in a game I have put 2.6k hours into. Especially on innocent rounds when all there is to do is explore the map and find things to do in it.

I understand not liking some maps but I feel like most maps that aren't played, aren't played because people don't know the names of them. Besides, didn't you learn how to play dolls, 67th, crummy, traitormotel, rooftops and all those other overplayed maps by playing them a ton?
Find

(02-16-2017, 12:49 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  TTT is a casual game. This isn't CSGO where you need to know call outs for every map and all that. A change of scenery is nice in a game I have put 2.6k hours into. Especially on innocent rounds when all there is to do is explore the map and find things to do in it.

I understand not liking some maps but I feel like most maps that aren't played, aren't played because people don't know the names of them. Besides, didn't you learn how to play dolls, 67th, crummy, traitormotel, rooftops and all those other overplayed maps by playing them a ton?

You may appreciate scenery but a lot of times that comes at the expense of performance. The most popular maps are ones that run well with many people and the underplayed ones a lot of times are the ones with memory leaks and bad performance.

Most of the biggest offenders (arctic_complex and 1337_donut) are also very boring to play. I've gone through the entire list and my biggest issue when voting on a map is what I'd consider to be fun for myself and everybody else to play.

I like maps with all sorts of different play styles, long sightlines for snipers close quarters, got some buildings you could hold down if you wanted to. I pick maps that people are comfortable to play because the action is what makes TTT fun.

What kills it for me is when people have no idea what they're doing and they delay for 8 minutes because the map has such a clusterfuck of a layout to do anything or the person didn't google the secret code to access the room where the last innocents are hiding in
Find