Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

A2 thinks this is RDM. Opinions?

(02-14-2017, 01:51 AM)Leo The Sexy Kitty Wrote:  
(02-14-2017, 01:47 AM)A2 Wrote:  My Opinion is you should jump off of a bridge.

and this (QUALITY NICE MAN) is a member+?

You should probably hit up the same bridge

Slightly off topic, but the rules should be completely rewritten tbh.

there are so many unclear/unwritten rules that it makes the game extremely infuriating.
Find

(02-14-2017, 02:08 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  The rules should be completely rewritten tbh.

there are so many unclear/unwritten rules that it makes the game extremely infuriating.

Feel free to type some up. =)
Find

It is a bit tough, but I don't really see this as RDM. A shot clearly flew past Jake, A2's name popped up on his screen too. I can see how people WOULD think it was RDM though.

KOS off of location, for example is more or less along the lines of - "KILL WHOEVER SHOT FROM THAT TOWER WAY UP THERE". This was so close range there's a very slim possibility that was someone else. One situation I see that could play out though is you cloak/disguise right around the corner, and another person was walking the other way. If that were me though, I simply would've accepted that I was caught shooting.

Like Jake stated, SOME logic should be allowed in this gamemode. It's just a part of the game.

Also Tobias, I don't think you really understand that it's pretty tricky to write extremely 'clear' rules, because a lot of them depend on the scenario and context entirely and are somewhat flexible. That's why we have staff members though, although it seems a lot of them aren't really on the same page lately.

I'm willing to go through and clarify as much as I can though, and write down more of the 'unwritten' rules.

New thread with new rule discussions/current rule clarifications?
Find

(02-14-2017, 02:32 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Also Tobias, I don't think you really understand that it's pretty tricky to write extremely 'clear' rules, because a lot of them depend on the scenario and context entirely and are somewhat flexible. That's why we have staff members though, although it seems a lot of them aren't really on the same page lately.

I'm willing to go through and clarify as much as I can though, and write down more of the 'unwritten' rules.

Yeah, I agree. It's almost impossible to have rules written down for every scenario.

However, there are some unwritten rules that do need to be addressed, since they are extremely common occurrences, and nobody is 100% sure what the current standing on them is.

One example is dets claiming their health stations. Are they allowed to claim it so that unprovens can't use it without permission?
Another one is killing people for walking through Bear Traps/Barnacles(since they are extremely touchy).

And many, many more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Maybe you could hold a meeting or something about the rules?
Find

(02-14-2017, 02:47 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(02-14-2017, 02:32 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Also Tobias, I don't think you really understand that it's pretty tricky to write extremely 'clear' rules, because a lot of them depend on the scenario and context entirely and are somewhat flexible. That's why we have staff members though, although it seems a lot of them aren't really on the same page lately.

Yeah, I agree. It's almost impossible to have rules written down for every scenario.

However, there are some unwritten rules that do need to be addressed, since they are extremely common occurrences, and nobody is 100% sure what the current standing on them is.

One example is dets claiming their health stations. It is an extremely grey area that nobody is 100% sure on since it isn't on the MOTD.
Another one is killing people for walking through Bear Traps/Barnacles(since they are extremely touchy).

And many, many more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Maybe you could hold a meeting or something about the rules?

Yeah I just talked to jake about a few.

I'll clear up some here, and add them to rules.

We decided that I am going to make it so Detectives can break their own healthstations. Then from there out you are NOT allowed to destroy healthstations as innocent UNLESS detectives are dead or you have direct permission from the detective.

Few more:
  • You must warn T buddies of any quick-actions* you may make that may endanger them.
    *quick meaning anything that could kill/harm them within a few seconds. (Incens, remote bombs, jihads, discombobs, use your brains.)
    THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO C4! There's a display for C4's on every traitors screen if one is placed. If they die to one, it's their fault. This is literally even stated in the base code of TTT. It disabled losing karma to T buddies that die from your C4.
  • Claiming in overtime will now also claim opening the door. There's no reason to have two different claims you must make.

(02-14-2017, 03:00 AM)Brassx Wrote:  We decided that I am going to make it so Detectives can break their own healthstations. Then from there out you are NOT allowed to destroy healthstations as innocent UNLESS detectives are dead or you have direct permission from the detective.

What about detectives claiming them so only provens or people they give permission to can use them?

This is another grey area that I was kind of wondering about.

And also thank you for clearing up those few rules.
Find

Also, to touch on what Brassx said about the slim chance A2 cloaked around the corner, wouldnt the person that Jake was then following have seen someone cloak? And in such case, isnt watching someone cloak and ignoring it almost like t-baiting, or if friend-to-friend metagaming?
When a dragon round begins.

Find

I don't understand how that can be rdm, you saw him shoot at you(though someone passed in front of him a second after)

You see his name for exactly two frames, which even I can see clearly in that clusterfuck of a situation

https://i.gyazo.com/b19377796fb558a8ffd1557a9f06edf7.png

a new rule should have Kuro as super owner and brass be demoted to towel boy