Raccoon McBandit's ban appeal

Steam Name (Current):Raccoon McBandit

Steam Name (During incident):Raccoon McBandit

Steam ID: [U:1:99149365]

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/raccoonmcbandit/

Name of staff you were banned by: y0Nemo

Length of the ban: Perma

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?:yes

Reason for ban:"Racism (if you feel this was unjust, please appeal at forerunnergaming.org)"

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?:Sorta, we're telling jokes to each other and (Jerome the Ninja STEAM_0:0:71528792) was included.
What really happened?:
one of the jokes was about black fathers and he was also joking about not having a father, i think a vip or something told me and (amac STEAM_0:0:49922118) to stop, which we did after some time i got perma;d for it.
Additional details:

whats a vip
Find

(01-09-2017, 01:10 AM)Kcat Wrote:  whats a vip

meant member plus
Find

Quote:Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?:yes
>yes

anyways, a perma ban does seem pretty excessive for just saying a few racist jokes/comments.

I thought the rule on racism was changed anyways? At first isn't it a warning, then a week-month ban, then it's a perma ban if they continue after that?

If someone could clarify that for me that would be great.

Amac, did Stop after he was warned to stop. He had said one thing to himself to make him laugh and make me laugh and then he stopped. Which I was fine with it cause it didnt bother me cause I would of joked back with them and Also after that warning they had stopped. So I don't see why they still got banned after they stopped when they were warned so +1 on a Unban
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

(01-09-2017, 01:14 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
>yes

anyways, a perma ban does seem pretty excessive for just saying a few racist jokes/comments.

I thought the rule on racism was changed anyways? At first isn't it a warning, then a week-month ban, then it's a perma ban if they continue after that?

They were warned, and continued afterwards.

Besides, Raccoon should know better, he's a member. He's representing the server. All of the new people on the server at the time saw a MEMBER acting like this. Setting a terrible example and hurting our rep.
Find

(01-09-2017, 01:17 AM)y0Nemo Wrote:  
(01-09-2017, 01:14 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
>yes

They were warned, and continued afterwards.

Besides, Raccoon should know better, he's a member. He's representing the server. All of the new people on the server at the time saw a MEMBER acting like this. Setting a terrible example and hurting our rep.

Well there are some mods who have said much, much, MUCH worse things on the server, and nothing has happened to them.

I'm not gonna say any names(obviously), but a few months ago there was a mod who called someone a spic and nobody seemed to care.

Spic and the N word are basically just as racist as the other, so why is spic allowed while the n word isn't?

It just makes no sense to me what so ever.

Honestly, as long as Jerome saw it all in good fun and legitimately doesn't care about the remarks, I see no reason to keep him banned, but this would have to be brought up again if similar things happen. The only one I see who deserves a stricter punishment is Phoenix, since he continued after being warned.
Umpty Dumpty

(01-09-2017, 01:22 AM)Bezerker Wrote:  Honestly, as long as Jerome saw it all in good fun and legitimately doesn't care about the remarks, I see no reason to keep him banned, but this would have to be brought up again if similar things happen. The only one I see who deserves a stricter punishment is Phoenix, since he continued after being warned.

The thing is I dont recall ever being warned
Find

(01-09-2017, 01:24 AM)Phoenix King Ozai Wrote:  
(01-09-2017, 01:22 AM)Bezerker Wrote:  Honestly, as long as Jerome saw it all in good fun and legitimately doesn't care about the remarks, I see no reason to keep him banned, but this would have to be brought up again if similar things happen. The only one I see who deserves a stricter punishment is Phoenix, since he continued after being warned.

The thing is I dont recall ever being warned

I had said in mic and text chat that Nemo said to stop and everyone else and saw it and even Amac said saw and heard it when I said it
SG Fucking Overlord
Find