Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What would you like to see on TTT?

Gotta match a good player with other good players. Run and gun is the go-to, sure, its an FPS at heart, but unless the stars align you're generally out-matched going against the odds. Beat 'em? Yeah, that's pretty darn cool, but the exception isn't the rule. Everything you said is true, though, and it being players' choice makes sense. Usually why I see Detectives as such a nice, yet terrible option; having that target on your back isn't really worth the boosts you get.

I can get behind the "Finding-gear" thing, it is a large part of TTT for me (Scrounging the right weapon for the right situation. With the inventory system, you just gyrate continuously towards the most default, so that Galil or Mac10 with damage and fire-rate is your go-to), which causes dynamic game-play changes. Heck, I wonder what TTT would be like if shooting was harder than you'd expect. Jumping inaccuracy, weapon sway when scoped in, accuracy loss while moving. Still within realistic terms, not CS:GO's bullshit (I can confirm that guns do NOT have a spray pattern in real life). but that's a pipe dream.

After years and years of it, people are going to be tired of the same thing. TTT is carried strongly by being part of a community, going on a server and having people recognize you or know your name, even if it isn't a "Real" name. I play a game still called Graal Online, and some of the servers on it literally just exist for people to sit there and talk. They don't even play the game; they just wanna chat. In that sense TTT will never die out, but most assuredly the golden ages of Garry's Mod seem to have passed. You're great with coding, Brass, so I really feel that if you expand your horizons while using all you've learned as a platform could really get you somewhere.

Maybe its time to just slow down the development of the TTT server and focus elsewhere? I mean, people just get tired of it and that's how things go.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see on TTT? - Terran - 12-24-2016, 10:28 PM