Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What would you like to see on TTT?

(12-24-2016, 09:27 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(12-24-2016, 09:15 PM)Brassx Wrote:  TTT has always been run n gun in my experiences. Not really sure why people are only just noticing it. It's mostly matter of choice, players can easily choose to play the game more tactically and use more T shop items(with more added, we've been seeing it).

The problem is, we have a lot of really skilled players. That combined with our hitreg system can turn a normal deagle into what would seem to be the most OP thing in the game, thus why they don't even need to really play tactically. Most of these players have thousands of hours playtime in TTT in general, and don't NEED to be tactical. It doesn't really even matter what weapon they use.

It's not like the old days where when you finally get your T round you get nervous and go OOO FINALLY A T, so you play very cautiously and don't want to make your round go to waste. It's just not that fresh anymore.

But anyways, what I'm gathering is we need some counters to suffixes. Currently the health station can counter all DoT suffixes, but perhaps we need a crystal that makes suffixes/traits harder to proc on you, or has a 1 in x chance to completely negate it. Or a passive misc that negates suffixes proc'd on you at the cost of charges (maybe can negate ~2 or 3 per round).

Hazmat Crystal pls.

Also, I 100% support lowered accuracy when jumping.

I get where you're coming from, that TTT is a run and gun game, but it's still really dumb to die to someone jump strafing back and forth with an m16, while you have a rifle, basically making it a completely unfair fight, even at long range. Shooter games 99% of the time are about aiming for the head. You can't really aim for the head when people are side strafing back and forth while jumping with NO penalty.

That can happen on ANY TTT server though. Jump spam is even worse because they can crouch jump spam.

Quote:TTT is supposed to be slower and more methodical. I know that you say that its a run-and-gun here, but when you have standard vanilla weapons it plays much, much differently. I've played on Frankus' server a good amount and its vanilla with its arsenal (Well, mostly vanilla, I think the AK can be picked up), so its a lot less spammery bullshit.

Also, the Silenced Pistol and UMP Prototype are still my favorite weapons in TTT. Silenced Pistol is just fun as hell, full-on James Bond. 80% of my Traitor rounds has me buying a disguiser and a teleporter, so that I can get a sneaky kill and get outta dodge without people being able to call me out.

I get what you're saying, having only vanilla weapons means less choices(default m16 can still 2 shot headshot, deagle can still one shot headshot). But again, it's really mostly your choice to play that way. You can still choose to play tactical here, or any other server. The only thing that changes are the selection of weapons available outside of the T shop, which may make it harder to play that way, but surely you can.

Honestly though, not having to find weapons and ammo on the map also changes a lot more than we'd think too.

Anyways, to make my point more clear: If you've ever watched Ty Nitro play on NTG before the Inventory, all he'd do was run around with a vanilla deagle and destroy everything. Run and Gun. For a skilled player like that, there's literally no reason to be tactical UNLESS HE WANTED TO.

Jake and I used to spectate him, and his shots were insane. He'd go into a room with like 4 people and just take them all out. No hesitation.

Now don't get me wrong. I much more prefer the tactical route, but I'm just saying it is mostly a choice. Even in vanilla. I have my fair share of playtime on TTT pre-inventory (90% of my actual TTT playtime is pre-inv, the Inventory killed it for me because beggars basically), first I was forced to play really tactically, because I was just bad and didn't want to risk wasting my T round. Over time as I got more comfortable with the game and more skilled, I started caring less and just going for kills. There's always still a bit of tactics involved, but gameplay sped up A LOT. Once you were called out, it turned into Run N Gun simulator basically.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see on TTT? - Brassx - 12-24-2016, 09:56 PM