Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Rifle Idea

Okay, okay, yes I use rifles a lot but that has nothing to do with this suggestion.
(...possibly...)

The idea could fit maybe a primordial+ type of rifle, it really depends on the stats also given to it.
The thought it, it would be a rifle that alone works like a normal rifle, but with really slow firerate. What makes it unique is that you can charge it (alike the frosts/burns) to shoot a tracer shot (showing where the bullet came from) that deals 85 body shot and headshot damage, and the bullet upon contact "shatters", dealing probably 8-12 damage per shot that the bullet splits into.

In case what i said is confusing, it's a rifle that shoots slow and can eventually charge to shoot a tracer shot that upon contact becomes like a shotgun blast (think like a glass bullet. Upon contact, the bullet "bursts" into a shotgun spray, piercing the target)

To give a general stat range myself:
Accuracy: +45%
Damage: +12%
Deploy Speed: +30%
Firerate: -35%
Mobility: -10%
Stability: -60%

Suffix: (i'dunno, since the charge weapons dont actually have descriptive suffixes just have something including a glass bullet or a variety of ammo types. make it cool.)

(also by Adage)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

yeeeeê

I like it.
I like the idea of the unique ability.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

So basically a sniper with double shoot...?

I think a better idea would be to have it burst into pellets that damage nearby people.
Find

(12-21-2016, 08:04 PM)Fuzzy Wrote:  I think a better idea would be to have it burst into pellets that damage nearby people.

Isnt that what it is...?
I feel like im explaining this really poorly.
Hint at "glass bullet", a bullet that on contact explodes like a shotgun burst on impact.

Find

Yeah it should be along the lines of a sniper that has the ability to deal damage to nearby players. I don't really care what it is as long as it is a new rifle so I like it.
Find

The thought is, it's a rifle that instead of just piercing targets, the bullet explodes after its first contact. Like a shotgun blast behind the place of impact. If it was an AOE orb it would be too much like the railgun.

Accurate demonstration of me using the rifle on Kuro (notice kuros big head)

The bullet, upon contact, bursts into a spray of bullets dealing 8-12 damage per pellet (similar to a shotgun), leaving a trace of where the bullet came from.

Find

(12-21-2016, 09:16 PM)Corsola Wrote:  Accurate demonstration of me using the rifle on Kuro (notice kuros big head)

I can vouch this is quite the accurate representation of shooting me with this rifle as I do have a very large noggin

I really do like this idea, how about a regular bullet cased in something that splinters off into the extra shots you want, but the main bullet pierces doing less damage

An accurate representation of how the bullet would function in black and white:

Find

(12-21-2016, 10:57 PM)Kuro Wrote:  
(12-21-2016, 09:16 PM)Corsola Wrote:  Accurate demonstration of me using the rifle on Kuro (notice kuros big head)

I can vouch this is quite the accurate representation of shooting me with this rifle as I do have a very large noggin

I really do like this idea, how about a regular bullet cased in something that splinters off into the extra shots you want, but the main bullet pierces doing less damage

An accurate representation of how the bullet would function in black and white:

The reason i said the bullet should do 85 damage to body and headshot, is because being a really slow rifle, doing 45 damage to someone just to have some splash behind them isnt really worth it, yet being able to kill someone at full hp AND do damage to others can be a bit overpowered.

Find

See, now this would've been cool on the Last Prayer, but noooooo.
Umpty Dumpty
Find