Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New players help guide

For the new players that came to the forums hoping to stay and play on the server.

General/Features
  • This is an item based server, press I to open inventory.
  • Drag weapons into the loadout section to use those guns.
  • During a game you can press J to inspect guns you pick up off the floor, or even your own.
  • You can block people by using !block or !block name. Please don't use it unless you really need to, because someone might call you out.
  • There's a market that you can put your guns up or buy other peoples guns. There's also a coin shop that you can buy crates from.
  • You can't sell accessories on the market.
  • If you join the Steam Group, you get a badge and 25% exp of your level, I would save this for when you're level 9 so you can go to lobby.
  • Heres the ranking of weapons. Ordinary->Common->Uncommon->Unlikely->Rare->Legendary->Primordial->Godlike->Celestial. Exotic doesn't have a weapon type.
  • Godlikes are rare. Really rare. If you open one in a crate, feel lucky.
  • Bows are not T-items. If you think it's a T weapon, you should probably ask.
  • There are achievements that give you titles. Check them out by typing !ach.
  • There is br_roll_speed 5. This makes all of the crates you roll go really fast. You can also make it go slow by putting decimals.
  • Lobby is a place that you can start doing more. Lobby has a bank, events, a small game area and quests.
  • Events: Grim's Labyrinth (Level 10), Survive (Level 10), Worm Queen (Level 25). For Grim and Worm Queen, You'll have to collect/kill things. For Survive, one person in your group just needs a ticket.
  • Quests: When you're level 10, you can pick up quests that give you fragments, you can spend these on two lobby stores that have guns/crystals. You can only have two at a time. Type !Quest to see progress on your current ones.
  • People will usually forgive reports if you have a reasonable answer, but if they don't forgive and you know that you did something wrong, please don't complain.
  • Be semi-suspicious of level 1's. They have a 50-50 chance of them blatantly RDMing. Report them if that is their purpose on this server.
  • Any gun can kill. Don't be put off by the people that have spent a long time on the server to get their great guns.
  • It's generally a bad thing to talk about trading during the round.
  • I don't really suggest buying crates for the first 10 levels since you won't be getting that much money. But if you get them in a minigame round, go ahead and open them or sell them on the market to get money.
  • Gift packages. You pick one of the crate icons and you might get something. I find that 2-4 are the most rewarding. Rewards include extra inventory slots, EXP, Crates, and some other things. The higher the level you are, the higher chance you might get something. This doesn't mean that the higher levels are always going to get something though.
  • This is a TTT server first, and anything else second. We're all looking to have a good time here.
  • Please at least try to be a traitor. It's not very fun when all you do is walk around. If you're stuck with a group of people near each other all time, try using the jihad. At least then you get a chance at a couple more kills that leads to more exp. (Please don't jihad your T buddy doing this.)
  • Mini-game rounds: Bouncy balls, OBC, Hunter and Dragon.
    • Bouncy Balls: Throw bouncy balls at each other. The more ball hits you get and the more time you survive depend on how high of a rank you get. Top 3 will get items. Top 10 has a chance to get gift packages.
    • Orbital Beam Cannon round: The idea is just to run around and avoid getting hit by beams. Top 3 will get items. Top 10 has a chance to get gift packages.
    • Hunter round: One person is picked to be the hunter, while the other people fight it. Hunter is nearly invisible and uses knife and a beam to attack. If the hunter wins, he will get drops. If the players win, people who damaged him might get drops.
    • Dragon round: Rarest of the mini-games. The map has to have a high enough sky box and reasonable sound for the dragon. One person is picked to be the dragon, while the other people fight it. If the dragon wins, He will only get drops. If the players win, the players "might" get drops.
  • Don't trust excel's prices.

Survive
  • Survive is described as COD zombies.
  • Goal of the first few rounds (1-5): Kill any zombie. After round 5, the door opens.
  • Goal of (6-24) rounds: Get a Huge and/or Glock-a-doodle-doo. Gain points. This will let you open the mystery box. Mystery box has a few good items namely Remote Mines, Fireballs, and Zombie Destroyer.
  • Addditional Objectives: Find and charge the 3 orbs (Green, Red, Blue). The first staff's purpose is to do damage, and make friendly zombies. There is a second part after that to get another staff. Find the two shapes to open the third area and solve the keypad puzzles in order to get second staff. Second staff's purpose is to heal, and revive teammates.
  • Every 7 rounds, there are fast zombie rounds.
  • Every 12 rounds, there's a boss.
  • When you die, you'll respawn next round. If you all die, it's game over. You'll get items for how far you made it.

Traitor items
  • Body Armor
  • Radar
  • Disguiser
  • Jihad
  • Firewalkers
  • Knife
  • Teleporter
  • Grapple Hook
  • Remote Bomb
  • Silenced Pistol
  • Energy Sword
  • Death Station
  • Orbital Beam Cannon
  • Flare Gun
  • Fire Bomb
  • AWP
  • Cloaking Device
  • Decoy
  • Poltergiest
  • C4
  • Radio
  • Comm. Jammer
  • Newton Launcher
  • Scorpion Hook

Detective items
  • Body Armor
  • Radar
  • Visualizer
  • Defuser
  • Teleporter
  • Binoculars
  • Grapple Hook
  • UMP Prototype
  • Camera Mount
  • TR-8R P.S.D
  • Health Station
  • Canary

If there's anything you want to add, go ahead and add to it using this thread. I'll also be editing it if I come up with other ideas.
Find

But there aint no exotic weapons yet and after godlike its celestial
Find

-You give the impression that trade talk is only frowned upon. It is an actual rule that you're not supposed to talk about trade during round

-pretty sure the spots on gift packages are random and none of the numbers will get you better stuff..

That doesn't stop people from actually saying what they're buying, I've seen plenty of people talk about buying/selling, this also covers people asking how much something costs. I've seen regulars do it too. It's not like they'll do a long conversation about negotiations, just "can I buy that for 2k" or something like that.

Like I said, I just lucky think that 2-4 are my slots. I've always had better chances picking those slots.
Find

Tj we have one of these on the forums there is even a topic area of where to find it too
http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2971 is the old one that was made by unpoke
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
Find

Shhhhh, That's outdated by a less than a half a year. Also, I suppose this is more of tips then a guide.
Find