Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Would you like to see an FRG version of battleship?
Yes.
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Battleship and it's future

I want to start this post by saying thank you to everyone that participated in today's test run of my battleship gamemode.

I had tons of fun, and I hope you did as well.

Now, I want to get the communities input on the gamemode, and if they would like to see a version of it made by Brassx(who would do a 1000x better job than me lmao). What did you think? Did you enjoy it? Would you play it again if you had the opportunity? What do you think should be changed or modified?

Just vote in the poll above with your input on the matter, and if you have something to say about today's testing, or anything else for that matter, just post below.

Again, thanks for joining and helping Aresuft and I test this gamemode.

Also, if you didnt play, please dont vote in the poll. Thanks.

I might host another test server another night for people who didn't have a chance to play tonight.
Find

Thank you to everyone that came out to play!
Find

There's no option in the poll that says "IDC" Sad

Waiting for the godlike ship that can shoot laser beams!

I'll give this a +1 because I think I'll enjoy it in the future when it's worked on more, right now there's just some problems that won't be fixed right away.

Aiming is pretty clunky and should be changed,I'd really enjoy holding the shoot button to give more power instead of aiming into the sky and freeballing 90% of the time.
The speed and turning was an issue while playing, the torpedo ship would probably be my favorite if it didn't handle so much worse than the big ships, it's not very nice shooting wise either.

But the map design is cool and the gameplay is interesting, I really look forward to more like this
Find

(11-30-2016, 01:40 AM)tobooasxz Wrote:  Also, if you didnt play, please dont vote in the poll. Thanks.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
Find

i mean. i could probably make a list a mile long of things id like to see. or things that id think would be good.
but lets see where this goes

-turning on the torp boat was improved ingame, but i think it could use another tweak
-stationary turning was, to say a pain on either ship
-camera to aim was horrendous, i know yall said youd do something, perhaps like a scope/suit zoom thing? or just so i dont have to be under my ship view wise for distance
-while torps were good, it really seemed pointless against another torp boat, maybe add a smaller weaker cannon to the torps? ( and perhaps make the torps themselves smaller?friggen think was half the torp boat)
Find

(11-30-2016, 03:13 AM)Paladin Wrote:  i mean. i could probably make a list a mile long of things id like to see. or things that id think would be good.
but lets see where this goes

-turning on the torp boat was improved ingame, but i think it could use another tweak
-stationary turning was, to say a pain on either ship
-camera to aim was horrendous, i know yall said youd do something, perhaps like a scope/suit zoom thing? or just so i dont have to be under my ship view wise for distance
-while torps were good, it really seemed pointless against another torp boat, maybe add a smaller weaker cannon to the torps? ( and perhaps make the torps themselves smaller?friggen think was half the torp boat)

Yeah, im not too sure why the torpedo was so big.

As for stationary turning, that's on purpose. You need to have some velocity to be able to turn(just like a real ship). However, the turning mechanics themselves are quite bad, but I couldnt find any way to make them better, so sorry about that.

The camera aim is kind of annoying, i do agree. If i continue working on this on my own, ill probably add something with right click to allow you to go into first person POV with one of the turrets.

And as for a smaller cannon for the torpedo boats, I was planning on adding a small machine gun to it that does 1-2 damage per hit, and has a sort of "overheat" mechanic. Where there is no cooldown, but the more you use it in a short period of time will make it slower, and possibly break down.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

As far as progression goes, it would be neat if you could somehow invest into other builds/weaponry/etc. Nothing crazy or silly, but still stuff that affects how you play the game. Not sure how you'd implement that though, given that a 2nd leveling system apart from FRG would be very awkward. Maybe you can earn some kind of points from just playing Battleships?

On another note, aesthetics for boats would be pretty sick. I wouldn't think they would be very hard to implement either. Boat hats are the next gloves.
Find

(11-30-2016, 01:54 AM)Kuro Wrote:  Waiting for the godlike ship that can shoot laser beams!

I'll give this a +1 because I think I'll enjoy it in the future when it's worked on more, right now there's just some problems that won't be fixed right away.

Aiming is pretty clunky and should be changed,I'd really enjoy holding the shoot button to give more power instead of aiming into the sky and freeballing 90% of the time.
The speed and turning was an issue while playing, the torpedo ship would probably be my favorite if it didn't handle so much worse than the big ships, it's not very nice shooting wise either.

But the map design is cool and the gameplay is interesting, I really look forward to more like this

what do u mean the torpedo boat was hard to handle? it is based on speed, thats where u drift around rocks fire a torpedo and circle around them and go back behind the rock. otherwise it would have to be ur pc but idk anything about that kind of stuff, cause for me the bigger ship was harder to handle as it was slower and well, bigger

anyway i really enjoyed the testing, i would maybe like to see some kind of teired system for different kinds of guns? i dont want to make it world of tanks at sea with like a chain gun or a large cannon and stuff, but like have a unlikely set of armor or rare engine, maybe even a godlike missle thats a 1 use per round only and takes like a minute to get ready but once it is it could like 1 shot a battleship or something? or even like the weapons we used in testing would be standard, the armor standard, then as u progress and get more things ur hp will increase or explosion resistance or even if u add an aircraft carrier a anti aircraft gun that would be like legendary or godlike or something
Find

I wouldn't expect much of what was in the test to be in the finial mode. It was purely for general concept
Find