Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Weapon Balancing Suggestions

These suggestions are based on what I have been able to see on the server as far as weapons go. They might not exactly be accurate, since i have a bias towards weapons that i personally have used, so if I'm off here, call me out on my bullshit and I'll see if I can modify my suggestion or I will otherwise remove the weapon changes that I suggested if you prove my points to be completely wrong.

Galil
-Good where it is, perhaps a slight headshot nerf.
Reason: I've been using the galil for a while now, it's very strong as it has a great headshot multiplier with reasonable bodyshot damage.

M1 Garand
-Needs a buff on body/leg/arm damage, at the least.
Reason: I realized almost instantly after using the M1 Garand that it does almost no damage anywhere but the head. That's all well and good, but why should I be okay with an M1 Garand bodyshot when I could literally take an automatic weapon and deal the exact same damage without the single-tap handicap? Even if I'm only hitting headshots, I'd still prefer an automatic, as it'll do the job much quicker and with less hassle.

M1911
-Almost perfect. I like where it is for a secondary.
Reason: It's a strong alternative to a deagle, because the firerate is stronger than the pistol but the damage is slightly less powerful, making it great for an all-purpose headshot tapper or to finish off a weakened enemy.

AK47
-Strong, but it could stand to be a little faster on the firerate with perhaps a slight nerf to recoil to make it harder to control.
Reason: I haven't used the AK too much so I don't have too much of an opinion on this one, but I like the idea of the AK being unbelievably difficult to control but rewarding players who can. Still, its damage is big for its current firerate anyway so a firerate buff might be a bit much.

M4A1
-Semi-weak, it should likely have a firerate or slight damage buff.
Reason: I used the M4A1 heavily before I got my galil. It was a good gun and got me a lot of kills, but it always felt lacking versus a galil or AK47 during a traitor round where a proper traitor could control their automatic well and gun down a whole room very quickly. As a 1v1 gun it excels, but in larger areas where you are vulnerable to multiple people it's often too slow to take on multiple enemies versus its other automatic counterparts.

H.U.G.E.
-Very weak. Could stand to have a suffix/trait buff, and perhaps a firerate or damage buff considering its insane recoil and lack of accuracy anyway.
Reason: Never see anyone use the H.U.G.E. It has no meta use aside from hunter rounds, and even then you have to have a strong double suffix or a strong phoenix proc for it to be viable. Could stand to be a little bit stronger.

Deagle
-The go-to one-shot weapon. It could stand to have a small firerate nerf.
Reason: Before the M1911 was introduced, this was the only real secondary that I saw anyone use unless they had some amazing suffix or trait roll on another secondary. It's just generally insane.

Pistol
-Small firerate or damage buff, and a small suffix/trait buff.
Reason: With the introduction of the 1911, the pistol fell out fairly hard. It's still as strong as it was, but the 1911 offers a faster firerate that suffixes, traits and the like that the pistol can't compete with, not to mention the headshot damage on both secondaries seems to be roughly equivalent.

Glock
-It's always been a suffix and trait weapon, for sure. I'm not sure anything exactly needs to be changed, save for perhaps a slight damage buff. The firerate is in a league all its own and shouldn't be touched, obviously.
Reason: Double suffixes and similar stats on a glock can make it almost the most viable weapon for a dragon round, given that the suffixes are stackable. In general, the glock has incredible potential for suffix and trait rolls.

AUG
-Balanced. I'm not sure too many changes need to be made, haven't used it virtually at all. The damage seems a bit low when people shoot me with it, but maybe they're just missing.
Reason: Haven't used it, I don't have too much opinion on this one. It seems fairly balanced but underused.

Rifle
-Balanced. Perhaps a slight firerate buff, if anything.
Reason: The firerate is slow, as it should be for a oneshot weapon. Then again, the deagle firerate is very fast. Overall, the deagle is stronger, but considering the lack of sniping capabilities that seems fairly reasonable, as it leaves DNA, is loud and easily traceable, unlike the rifle.

EDIT: Round Two. Adding a couple more weapons and how I think I should be changed, lazy and not adding much of a reason b/c it's already mostly discussed below.
Shotgun
-Buff damage slightly. Crowning somebody at point blanc should always kill them instantly. It's a shotgun.

Famas
-Buff damage slightly with some more accuracy and less recoil, seems useless compared to most automatics and I don't see anyone using it.

SG553
-Buff damage or firerate slightly.

Reason for all 3: I literally forgot these existed when I wrote the initial post. They should probably get a buff to be a little more notable.

Promotion of statless or less powerful guns
-I don't necessarily support this, but we could have "PvE" guns that deal bonus damage to zombies or deathclaws, or whatever is getting added in event two that only drop from doing the events themselves, or from a specific case. Additionally, similarly to what Terran said there could be guns that reward the player for not having a strong weapon that deals considerably less damage than its counterparts and offers a small reward for leveling or killing with it, almost like the current XP-based guns.

Let me know if I forgot anything or if you think I'm bad at the game.

shotgun buff- Takes 2 shots of pellet just to kill someone close range. No one uses them, They Suck!
Find

(11-29-2016, 09:46 AM)excel Wrote:  shotgun buff- Takes 2 shots of pellet just to kill someone close range. No one uses them, They Suck!

In all seriousness, shotgun probably should get a slight buff. I forgot they existed so I initially didn't even make a section for them, because no one uses them except you.
Find

(11-29-2016, 09:51 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  
(11-29-2016, 09:46 AM)excel Wrote:  shotgun buff- Takes 2 shots of pellet just to kill someone close range. No one uses them, They Suck!

In all seriousness, shotgun probably should get a slight buff. I forgot they existed so I initially didn't even make a section for them, because no one uses them except you.

no pls mercy, you dont know what it was like before! it was scary!
Find

I agree with buffing m1 garand and maybe the famas too because famas is awful... I do disagree that aug doesn't need a buff, at the moment I think most of the automatics need a buff and galil needs a nerf because galil just trumps pretty much every other automatic at least from my experience anyway.
Find

I think all the weapons are balanced as is(besides maybe the famas)

Shotguns and famas need to be buffed in my opinion that is all
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Find

Most guns on average are pretty balanced and most inconsistencies come from potentially different stats all across the board because of tiers.

I think that instead of changing the base guns we should be taking a look at the tiers and what changes they need. Making changes to the base gun could cause massive problems on certain tiers.

Look at what happened with SGs when they were buffed, the base gun was fine but a few tiers were incredibly OP.
Find

How bout a -30% overall stat dampener on every stat?
Oh and if you use vanilla guns, you should get bonus XP and increased drop chance end of round of cool stuff. Promote people to use something other than "MOST OP".

Also, what Kuro said. Yes. Yessss. NERF IT ALL.

We have the M4A1?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?