Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Invincible person causing me to kys on my Hunter round

(11-26-2016, 09:06 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  A couple of clues to help you out, BrassX.

One: The person effected is ALWAYS the last one alive. All players before the last one living will die as normal.

Two: When I got the bug, it gave me a one-line hook error that seemed to be pointing to the FRG hitreg fix. I'm unsure if that's what it really was, but I posted the error itself in shoutbox back when the hunter round was first implemented, about a day after the update. You might be able to find it if you keep shoutbox logs (I'm sure you do.)
The hook had something to do with getAngle, or something like that.

Three: Even the hunter gun doesn't deal damage to the player. I tested that extensively the first time it occurred. HOWEVER, hitmarkers DO register, which means that the bug is a disconnect between damage being dealt, not the game confirming that a hit was made.

I believe they are always the last alive because of that fact alone. I don't think they become invincible at the last second, they were always invincible that round, hence why they are always the last alive (with full hp).

That error you sent awhile back was unrelated to hitreg, and I fixed it that same day. It was related to the clientsided light that's attached to the shoot position of the hunter (only the hunter can see this light, it allows them to see in the dark).

Hitmarkers being registered, but no damage points to it being a newer hook than the hitmarkers. If the hitmarker hook is ran first (only registers if damage is > 0), it will register hitmarkers. Which means a hook added AFTER the hitmarkers is scaling the damage to 0 for some strange reason.

Hunter round logic has a few rules for scaling damage to 0, one of them being friendly fire. If both players are hunters, or are NOT hunters, damage is negated. Fall damage for the hunter is also negated.

However, if the last alive and the hunter both have the same variables set for this(100% networked), they would both behave the same way(and both would not be able to damage each other). It seems to be something else, somewhere else causing it. I was 100% unable to replicate this in all of my testings, I've tried just about everything. There has to be some connection between the users that this affects. The trick is me being here to find it.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invincible person causing me to kys on my Hunter round - Brassx - 11-26-2016, 11:34 AM