Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another unban? [Terminatior Mat]

Quote:» Racism | CONTEXT is CRUCIAL when it comes to deciding a punishment. This can be a warning to a perma ban. It all depends on the context. If you are unsure, contact a higher staff or Brassx/Grassx.
I have updated the staff punishment guide to include this, any objections?

Again the reason why we are a little 'loose' on the rulings, is because of a few things. Context determines a lot when it comes to this. We do not want to be some super stressful environment, where a minor slipup will get you banned. Our goal here from the get-go was to be more laid-back than other servers, but not so laid back that we allow straight disrespect/racism.

I personally believe If it's not directed at someone personally, the severity should go down quite a bit. Not to say that it's "Okay" but to let them know "Hey, that's not allowed, please refrain from making such statements.". OBVIOUSLY, the more times someone breaks a rule, the more severe a 'minor slipup' can be seen as.

(10-23-2016, 02:07 AM)Terminator Matheus Wrote:  ^^ Either way drama is gunna find it's way either way nowmatter what, we're a server full of mostly guys playing a game that easily has some really off ruling sometimes, not to imply FRG's rules are bad but the rules of TTT are.. they can be kinda unwritten and I feel we need to cover everything thoroughly. I do agree that n*gger should not be allowed what so ever and it's unexcusable to say. But as the others have said we really do need to cover racism more, I don't think we should take it in such a horribly sensitive way though, the world's changin' and right now it's just becoming more sensitive, unnecessarily so. Anyway for now I'm just gunna be a bit, quieter.

It's not practical, to cover EVERYTHING thoroughly.. There's an infinite number of situations, and scenarios. That's why we have staff members, not only to enforce these 'base line rules', but to use their OWN judgement to determine what can fall under what. But People make mistakes, and that's why we have these sections.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another unban? [Terminatior Mat] - Brassx - 10-23-2016, 02:11 AM