Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Add more punishable offensive words

the rule in place about the use of the n word is a great rule.
but i feel it should include the word Fa**ot. and if it does it should be enforced by staff more....

i myself can be on the server for any given time frame and the word Fa**ot is typed in chat or said in voice multiple times along with other offensive terms. and every time i see it i try to say please can we not use it and nothing happens.

IMO its just as offensive as the n word and should be punishable just the same.
Everybody look left

Everybody look right

Everywhere you look I'm--

Standing in the spotlight

this is the internet people are going to say things just block em?

no, faggot isn't a racist word unlike the n word.

You can't compare the two.

And yeah, exactly what excel said. if you honestly can't handle the word faggot you really shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.
Find

As long as it isn't being used to personally harm someone, there's really no issue with any non-racist word. Any word can be offensive, we just blacklist harsh racism because its obvious that the only reason to use it is to hurt/offend someone.
Find

We should also ban people for saying the word "idubbbz".

(08-04-2016, 10:21 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  no, faggot isn't a racist word unlike the n word.

And yeah, exactly what excel said. if you honestly can't handle the word faggot you really shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

wait wait wait

the n word is a derogatory term for a black skinned person

the f word is a derogatory term for a homosexual person

how can they not be compared

(08-04-2016, 10:20 PM)Excel Wrote:  this is the internet people are going to say things just block em?

ok then why is this not ued for the n word

there both derogatory terms for different groups of people

(08-04-2016, 10:22 PM)Terran Wrote:  As long as it isn't being used to personally harm someone, there's really no issue with any non-racist word. Any word can be offensive, we just blacklist harsh racism because its obvious that the only reason to use it is to hurt/offend someone.

but being a homosexual is not a race so using a derogatoy word on anything other then a race is ok?

i just want to know why its not ok to insult one group of people that had a harsh history
but another group of people that are still ongoing though hate and literally not having the right to live in some places you can use derogatory terms and its ok

https://76crimes.com/76-countries-where-homosexuality-is-illegal/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/13/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death-2/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/13/us/states-same-sex-marriage-ban/

(08-04-2016, 10:21 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  no, faggot isn't a racist word unlike the n word.

ok

if you cant handle the n word you can block to...

why is it ok to insult one but not the other please tell me
Everybody look left

Everybody look right

Then you might as well ban weaboo too amirite

(08-04-2016, 10:53 PM)Fuzzy "Mc-Cones" McNomNoms Wrote:  Then you might as well ban weaboo too amirite

lets try to be fucking mature and not joke around.......

kinda a serious topic but ok
Everybody look left

Everybody look right

So I should get anyone who mockingly says Allahu Akbar or as a joke banned because im muslim?
Find

(08-04-2016, 10:58 PM)Derp-A-Doodle-Doo Wrote:  
(08-04-2016, 10:53 PM)Fuzzy "Mc-Cones" McNomNoms Wrote:  Then you might as well ban weaboo too amirite

lets try to be fucking mature and not joke around.......

kinda a serious topic but ok

No. Using your logic what he said is perfectly reasonable. Faggot didn't originate as a derogatory term. Nor do I think weeaboo started as a derogatory term. It has about as much merit as banning the word faggot in my opinion.

I had another paragraph or two typed up but fuck it. I'm getting heated up over this stupid and useless topic. If we ban anymore words it starts turning into censorship. Just block them if you get offended by singular words that were never meant to offend people.

We can't coddle everyone