Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trails and Skins

The initial idea is having either/both a trail ie a rainbow and a skin ie playermodel looks metallic (with whatever aresuft decides on making it look like). i know some of you might not want to see people running around looking like nyan cat or a guy who couldn't decide on his costume for Halloween and made him look like a tree trunk just so he can scare the little ones while they go trick or treating. so how apparent the trail is and the appropriate skins will be decided by aresuft or whoever. if you don't already know what i mean by a trail or skin is then a skin is something that changes the look of your player model ie looking like dirt and a trail is a animation that follows behind you while you move ie a the rainbow that follows nyancat. let me know if its dumb or actually not too bad. REPLY ABOUT SKINS TOO PLEASE( yeah i know trails are part of this thread but its not the only thing on this thread)

Trails are really dumb, sorry. They're really dumb. Like, super duper really stupid dumb and are pointless in TTT. Kill a guy and run off? Some asshole will follow your "trail" and kill you off of it. Nononononononono.

I fucking hate getting kos'd of trail's, but I love trails. They do not belong in TTT though.

-1 ^ What Nuggie said
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Find

(08-03-2016, 06:09 AM)Terran Wrote:  Trails are really dumb, sorry. They're really dumb. Like, super duper really stupid dumb and are pointless in TTT. Kill a guy and run off? Some asshole will follow your "trail" and kill you off of it. Nononononononono.

its not like it stays for 5 seconds, stays until you stop moving and only a little bit behind your back, not enough for that to be plausible.

(08-03-2016, 06:14 AM)Jesus H(arambe) Christ Wrote:  I fucking hate getting kos'd of trail's, but I love trails. They do not belong in TTT though.

can't they just make it so that you cant kos from trail like kosing from playermodel. and i knew the trails would be a bit of a flop but what about skins? dumb too?
Find

It'd look so dumb having a bunch of silly trails going around, even if you ignore the RDM that will happen. I abhor and detest the idea, sorry.
Find

I once was staff on server that had trails... you wernt supposed to kill off them, but it was done anyway. This is a horrid idea and would further the rdming that already happns off models/location. -10

Trails are amazing and super fabulous but yeah, it'd cause too many problems.

hell no.
Find

We do not need trails nor do we need any custom skins, this isn't 75% of every casual TTT server, FRG runs off most of its own code, not someone else's.

Besides, download times is a super easy way to lose people because some people don't want to wait to download 500 files for custom models they don't give a shit about (like me, custom models are a complete waste of time), they would also have more kos off skin and cause more trouble than enjoyment it would bring.