Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Patchnotes 5/31/2016

•Tidal crates are now available for coins in the coinshop.
•Hopefully fixed an event exploit.
•Fixed a few bugs with the coinshop/inventory.
•Fixed a few typos
•T tester 'charge time' has been changed to 2 minutes after the round start instead of 1 minute.

Djewran when?

EDIT: Tidal crates are waaaaay expensive.

Yay, we can buy Tidal Crates now! Thanks.

Edit: Djewran when?

Not sure if I'm super hyped about the fact you have to wait two minutes. That tends to be half of a round on some maps, and since Detectives are a huge hot-spot for the murder-boners of enraged Terrorists, there's little that you can do save try and survive. But, well, its fine I guess.

first
Find

(05-31-2016, 04:08 PM)Terran Wrote:  Not sure if I'm super hyped about the fact you have to wait two minutes. That tends to be half of a round on some maps, and since Detectives are a huge hot-spot for the murder-boners of enraged Terrorists, there's little that you can do save try and survive.

My thoughts exactly, as a detective you're more of a liability to traitors and it makes sense you'd be a priority for death.

I've always tried to play aggressively as a detective, it puts more pressure on the traitors and because nothing I can buy with my credit really is effective for that (my health stations are literally worthless) I've always gravitated towards the traitor tester gun so I can random test the unwary. Worst case I've been shot while attempting to test or while it is charging. Best case I kill a traitor or make a friend for 3 minutes.

I don't think there was a major problem with the traitor tester gun being able to test after a minute, it just made traitors have to try harder. It's much more reasonable than I've seen on other servers (being able to test 3 times instantly after the round and being able to force people to test).

This just makes me want to disable detective.
Find

(05-31-2016, 05:04 PM)Kuro Wrote:  
(05-31-2016, 04:08 PM)Terran Wrote:  Not sure if I'm super hyped about the fact you have to wait two minutes. That tends to be half of a round on some maps, and since Detectives are a huge hot-spot for the murder-boners of enraged Terrorists, there's little that you can do save try and survive.

My thoughts exactly, as a detective you're more of a liability to traitors and it makes sense you'd be a priority for death.

I've always tried to play aggressively as a detective, it puts more pressure on the traitors and because nothing I can buy with my credit really is effective for that (my health stations are literally worthless) I've always gravitated towards the traitor tester gun so I can random test the unwary. Worst case I've been shot while attempting to test or while it is charging. Best case I kill a traitor or make a friend for 3 minutes.

I don't think there was a major problem with the traitor tester gun being able to test after a minute, it just made traitors have to try harder. It's much more reasonable than I've seen on other servers (being able to test 3 times instantly after the round and being able to force people to test).

This just makes me want to disable detective.

To be honest, I agree but I had some complaints about it only being 1 minute(and a rather stupid argument about it) so I figured giving it a try at 2 minutes for awhile wouldn't hurt.
Find

Meet in the middle. Go 1 min 30. Like Terran said 2 mins is literally the whole round some maps and some cases. When you've got 20+ people on its a nightmare to survive anyways. 1 min might be fast and OP but 2 does seem a long time. Makes protecting the D much more important to help prove yourself as a true Innocent
Vanished from life

I only play TTT for my T rounds. When I get tested 60 seconds into my T round and I've killed only 1 or 2 people it kind of sucks. 2 mins may be a little long but 1 min was def too short. 1:30 might be better but I think you guys are overreacting a bit. 2 mins isn't THAT long and rounds almost always go into overtime. Isn't the normal round timer 3 mins before overtime starts? I could be wrong on that one.
Find

To be fair, it has a 5-second charge timer and is extremely easy to miss, only has one shot and there's probably a 1/16 chance the detective randomly targets you. Not acting suspicious is a good way to not get tested, and its not like people can KOS you for AVOIDING the tester.

I guess I just don't find Detectives very useful. Use a visualizer? Oh, you kos'd that sniper off of location. Binoculars? Useless. Radar? Should be default, worth a credit but you can't KOS off of it or determine how many players are alive using it, so its worthless. Taser UMP? Nobody used that. HP Station? Arguably the only good thing that Detectives have, but a double-edged sword, because they can't destroy it themselves. Grappling hook? More about fun than being helpful.

Being a Detective is basically buy grapple > screw around > die

I found that the Traitor Tester gave me a pretty useful and nifty tool.

(06-01-2016, 05:38 AM)Terran Wrote:  To be fair, it has a 5-second charge timer and is extremely easy to miss, only has one shot and there's probably a 1/16 chance the detective randomly targets you. Not acting suspicious is a good way to not get tested, and its not like people can KOS you for AVOIDING the tester.

I guess I just don't find Detectives very useful. Use a visualizer? Oh, you kos'd that sniper off of location. Binoculars? Useless. Radar? Should be default, worth a credit but you can't KOS off of it or determine how many players are alive using it, so its worthless. Taser UMP? Nobody used that. HP Station? Arguably the only good thing that Detectives have, but a double-edged sword, because they can't destroy it themselves. Grappling hook? More about fun than being helpful.

Being a Detective is basically buy grapple > screw around > die

I found that the Traitor Tester gave me a pretty useful and nifty tool.

Most people didn't really use the traitor tester before anyway. The only time I've ever been random tested is when I help kill a traitor and call the det to the body, they buy it because everything is useless and waste it on me because I have full health.

Don't think there would be any problems about detective if there was like 3 more gimmick items that people can waste credits on. Right now the things you can buy for a credit are all fairly useless.

I can stick with a radar, and panic as the green circles get smaller.

Buy a health station and have someone jihad the three people who stand next to it. (or it gets broken by some asshole)

Buy a grapple hook and die because it likes to swing me face first into the ground.

Buy a binocular and get sniped because it takes forever to use and the maps it's viable on is a sniper haven.

Buy a camera mount and have it destroyed, or get killed while watching it.

Canary is half decent, but not as viable as a primary.
Find