Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

quests / forerunner fragments glitched

so around between 11PM and 12:45AM, i connected to the lobby server while the ttt server had crashed or restarted. when i connected to the lobby server, it said "Error loading Shop Inventory... Retrying.." a couple of times. i check my inventory, and its empty so i think at the time "it probably hasn't loaded yet because the inventory system is probably running on the ttt server which is down right now". i then check my quests and both of my quest slots are empty even though i know that there are supposed to be two quests in the slots right now. the fragments counter also showed 0. by seeing this, i wondered what would happen if i tried to get a new quest while the ttt server and inventory system was down. so i went to xerxes, got a quest, then tried reconnecting to the ttt server. it was still down so i just left the computer for several minutes. i came back to the computer, connected to the lobby, and saw that the inventory loaded. but when i check the quest tab, it shows that i have 0 fragments and the quest i just got from xerxes earlier with no progress. the older quests that i got before i connected to the lobby are gone. so now i'm making this bug report.

tl;dr:
ttt server went down, connected to lobby and inventory didnt load yet, got quest from xerxes, disconnected until ttt server was back up, connected to lobby, inventory loaded but old quests and fragments were gone to be replaced by 0 fragments and new quest that was taken while ttt server was down
Find

It is just an normal bug that happens when the TTT server crashes it will fix itself automatically. An getting quest will cause you to lose those fragments, so Life lesson is next time just get off.
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

This happens when the mysql connection times out.

If you connect later today and still have 0 fragments, please let me know how many you had prior to the reset. I'll also see what I can do to prevent this from happening.

so i connected to the lobby real quick and saw that i still have 0 fragments. before the reset, i believe that i had at least 40 or 50 fragments, knife quest at 6/10 complete, and three melee kills quest. thanks!