Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Try your hand at making an Inventory skin!

We all know the look of the Inventory is a little dull. That's pretty much because I'm a terrible UI artist. I've always hated that stuff.

Think you can make a more interesting design? Well, you can try now!

All you need is a program that can read the .PSD format (photoshop), and you can edit the skin of the Inventory. It uses garry's GWEN skin module, which means all you need to do is generate a new .png file. If we get a decent amount of good looking ones, I could add skin options to the server with 'em!
(If you have GMOD, you have the PSD required for this. It comes with it. Garry bundled it so developers can easily make different skins for the UI system. However, I recommend you use my edited version of it, as it renames some stuff for you guys to know what the Inventory uses)

Download the PSD file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fa9bnp1w3bfd3zs/frg_default.psd?dl=0

Once you have this, you can begin editting.

Here is the PNG file for the currently used skin(do note, some parts of the skin are drawn with code/other textures this will change if we get some cool skins, although it may make testing your skin a little trickier because of that fact):

Confused about what all of this is? Enable the "Overlays" layer in photoshop and there's text overlaying most things, indicating what it is.

If you want to see how your skin looks, you can do so by going to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download\materials\gwenskin\
then make a backup of br_skin2.png and paste your png file in, rename it to br_skin2.png. Launch GMOD, and the Inventory(and most UI's on the server, but this may be changed later) should now have your skin.

Once you have one you're happy with, feel free to post it here as a PNG file.

Important note:
MAKE SURE YOU REVERT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL br_skin2.png WHEN FINISHED, OR OTHER THINGS WILL NOT LOOK RIGHT
Find

Imma make the Best Skin

I'll try, I guess.

I'm not too good at skinning, yet.
Find

Would love to try, but I have zero artistic ability. Good luck, guys!

I'm with Terran. I'm god awful at designing and making things so sadly this isn't for me but hopefully someone makes a pretty cool one.
Find

I would love to try, but I have no idea what any of this means.

- That Thrakos Noob

I’ve got some experience with photoshop, ill give it a try.
Find

I made the best skin Image

to be honest, i already like the skin the inventory has.

it's simple, to the point, no bs.

why change it?
Find

(02-05-2016, 01:10 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  to be honest, i already like the skin the inventory has.

it's simple, to the point, no bs.

why change it?

do u even read [b]I could add skin options to the server with 'em![/b]
Find