Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Prop traits

Now most of us know about prop-suffixex - that chance to shoot watermelon or something towards a player & kill them like a bowling ball takes out a pin.
Now, instead of having that OPAF thingy, let's replace it with a prop-trait:
ALWAYS SHOOTS PROPS
But
There are differences:
1. Only one type of prop is shot
2. These are small props: bottles, hamburgers, SMALL donuts, cans, chinese food boxes - such thingies!
3. They do the exact same damage as the bullet from the gun would.
4. They dissapear in less than 5 seconds.

It's basically a cosmetic trait to make your gun feel better.
There's also a variant for the props to do their own damage & not use the bullet ones, but It will most likely screw hard - a situation where you somehow get a sniper that shoots cans that do 20 DMG is underpowered, but on a shotgun, there are over 10 pellets - atleast 200 DMG! So I suggest they're basically cosmetics.

Or, y'know, could have normal watermelon-shooting prop-suffixes with a chance to insta-prop-kill someone.

It would be interesting, but I'm certain it would cause hella server lag if everyone was replacing bullets with entities. I doubt it'd work at all. I'm no expert on these, though.
Find

It could be just model replacement, even though it could look weird when it lands - after all, bullets use models, right?

As long as i can get miranda....im in
Oh Hey...it's me C:

Find

(12-17-2014, 08:23 PM)Bottle4 Wrote:  It could be just model replacement, even though it could look weird when it lands - after all, bullets use models, right?

Bullets don't use models.

Bullets in GMOD don't even exist. They are raycasts(or raytraces), the effect you see is only a particle effect, which is a 2d sprite drawn along a line with delta timing to give the illusion of motion, when no physical entity is shot at all.

However, one thing I could do is make customizable weapon tracers, but then again, someone would see your custom tracer and know you're shooting at them, so it's not a good idea.
Find

What we could do is have the prop be a chance, yet do only 1.5* the damage of the original bullet itself. So, for instance, a rifle prop would do MUCH more damage than a huge prop, and as Bottle said, they dont take long to disappear.
Find

Why not just bring back the Melonshotgun? It was hilarious, I remember using it waaaay back on NTG. It kinda sucked though.
Find

i want my fjucking preop sjuffixs ill kill a man
Find

Prop suffixes were a stupid part of NTG game-play. No gun should have a 1 in # chance to instantly kill someone. They were blatantly overpowered and broken. Sorry, but it IS true.
Find

(12-17-2014, 11:54 PM)Terran Wrote:  Prop suffixes were a stupid part of NTG game-play. No gun should have a 1 in # chance to instantly kill someone. They were blatantly overpowered and broken. Sorry, but it IS true.

I LL KILL A MAN
Find