Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Un ban request

(11-17-2015, 11:19 PM)Psychotic Dave Wrote:  
(11-17-2015, 10:55 PM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  I don't even know this guy but hacking is not something that should be excused regardless of who you are. No matter your rank, it should be the same punishment every time and no heartfelt paragraphs should persuade you guys either.

Then why allow them to even make an unban request at all?
That doesn't really matter but looking back at the Emily Estrada ban appeal, everyone shat on her for hacking saying nobody ever gets unbanned for hacking and saying that's it's not tolerated and even in the words of brass "once a cheater, always a cheater." Apparently this guy did it voluntarily and saying it was because of conduct disorder is a load of poo in my opinion. If you cross that line of hacking on the server, there should be no turning back. Think about what you do before you do it.

(11-17-2015, 11:46 PM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  
(11-17-2015, 10:55 PM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  I don't even know this guy but hacking is not something that should be excused regardless of who you are. No matter your rank, it should be the same punishment every time and no heartfelt paragraphs should persuade you guys either.

That doesn't really matter but looking back at the Emily Estrada ban appeal, everyone shat on her for hacking saying nobody ever gets unbanned for hacking and saying that's it's not tolerated and even in the words of brass "once a cheater, always a cheater." Apparently this guy did it voluntarily and saying it was because of conduct disorder is a load of poo in my opinion. If you cross that line of hacking on the server, there should be no turning back. Think about what you do before you do it.

I understand your point, but there comes a point where some exceptions may be made.
When someone just has a moment and they've gone through so much trouble to fix it, it shows they truly care.
It's not just heartfelt statements that Vlad's been giving us, it's that over the last 8 months he's gone through everything he can to fix his problems to he can enjoy the server again and no longer make mistakes as he did before.
I feel this is the point in which exceptions may be made.
When a dragon round begins.

To be fair, Emily's story was kinda fishy to begin with. First claiming they didn't hack and offering money to Brass to get unbanned. (from what i remember anyways)

Emily lied when they first got banned, they tried to get their way out of the ban.

You may not know Vladimir, but he seems very sincere and apologetic for what he did.

When I banned Vladimir, he accepted it without any arguing or denying it. I talked to him as I banned him, and he admitted to his mistakes. does that mean he deserves a 2nd chance? nah. but he should be at LEAST considered.

(11-18-2015, 12:05 AM)McNuggie Wrote:  

Emily lied when they first got banned, they tried to get their way out of the ban.

You may not know Vladimir, but he seems very sincere and apologetic for what he did.

When I banned Vladimir, he accepted it without any arguing or denying it. I talked to him as I banned him, and he admitted to his mistakes. does that mean he deserves a 2nd chance? nah. but he should be at LEAST considered.
So make him think he may have a chance at being unbanned but when in all reality there is none? Nah. I'll just throw my -1 out there and stop bickering with you guys

well coming from some one who has chronic depression (me) only was only able to think of something to make me happy. at the time as i stated before i was on an emotional decline.
I don't know if you have ever had chronic depression or major depressive disorder but it makes you do things like give away your prized possessions. This is why over the past eight months i have taken the initiative to go get help and fix my problems.. I am a lot better now and i realize people around me make me happy and i don't need to do dumb stuff like that.
Find

Sorry, but whenever someone brings an IRL problem into an online situation, I have troubles bringing any care for them. We all have issues IRL, but not all of us let them interfere with our online lives. Depression shouldn't lead you to hacking on a server, nor does it take away basic reasoning. I know, I've been on a mixture of pills for blood pressure and mood (Lorazepam, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Fluoxetine) (Though only one of those is for depression), and while I did some stupid things in the past (My attitude on NTG, etc), it never got the best of me.

I can tell that you really do want to play on the server again, but its a fine line between broken trust and blatantly snapping the rules. If you had found a dupe exploit and abused it, I'd be more lenient, but hacking doesn't seem that easy to do and it really takes a lot of preparation.

I do feel bad for you still, but I feel that if your cognitive reasoning dipped so harshly that you could only get happiness out of ruining others' experiences, (And I apologize if this is really rude, I don't mean it to be and I may be assuming here), but that isn't the best mentality for someone who wants to re-initiate into something that they got kicked out of. Still, I'm not going to yay or nay because I believe that it is 100% up to Brass and his appointed staff members, but I just wanted to get my two cents out. Its good that you're working on beating the emotional issues, but sometimes its better to just step away and take a different route from one you already fell off of. (E.G the server.)

(11-18-2015, 12:22 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  

well coming from some one who has chronic depression (me) only was only able to think of something to make me happy. at the time as i stated before i was on an emotional decline.
I don't know if you have ever had chronic depression or major depressive disorder but it makes you do things like give away your prized possessions. This is why over the past eight months i have taken the initiative to go get help and fix my problems.. I am a lot better now and i realize people around me make me happy and i don't need to do dumb stuff like that.
By the way, I googled what CD is cause I'm retarded and conduct disorder was the only thing to show up so I didn't know you meant chronic depression which is obviously a lot different. I get how this could have made your life pretty shitty but I stand by no hackers being unbanned.
Find

(11-18-2015, 12:37 AM)Terran Wrote:  Sorry, but whenever someone brings an IRL problem into an online situation, I have troubles bringing any care for them. We all have issues IRL, but not all of us let them interfere with our online lives. Depression shouldn't lead you to hacking on a server, nor does it take away basic reasoning. I know, I've been on a mixture of pills for blood pressure and mood (Lorazepam, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Fluoxetine) (Though only one of those is for depression), and while I did some stupid things in the past (My attitude on NTG, etc), it never got the best of me.

I can tell that you really do want to play on the server again, but its a fine line between broken trust and blatantly snapping the rules. If you had found a dupe exploit and abused it, I'd be more lenient, but hacking doesn't seem that easy to do and it really takes a lot of preparation.

I do feel bad for you still, but I feel that if your cognitive reasoning dipped so harshly that you could only get happiness out of ruining others' experiences, (And I apologize if this is really rude, I don't mean it to be and I may be assuming here), but that isn't the best mentality for someone who wants to re-initiate into something that they got kicked out of. Still, I'm not going to yay or nay because I believe that it is 100% up to Brass and his appointed staff members, but I just wanted to get my two cents out. Its good that you're working on beating the emotional issues, but sometimes its better to just step away and take a different route from one you already fell off of. (E.G the server.)

Terran, I understand your reasoning. Every human being is different and we all have different ways of adapting and ways of running our lives. You say sometimes its better to step away and take different route from one you already fell off of. Some times it's not about how you got knocked down, its about how you got up and kept going. If i would have gave up I might not be living today. I understand how bringing real life situations and attempting to explain them to others is almost like taking a orphan case at a personal injury law firm. Almost impossible, but the past eight months have changed my mentality and I have the will to try and not give up.

Vlad me and you were bust buds, back when I was ScottSummers12, and you were a ton of fun to play with. I still remember that call we were in as you got banned. Made me sad. I think it's been long enough and I would love for him to come back.
Find