Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"Totem Buff" Loadout Slot

TOTEM BUFFS
Okay maybe not totem buffs, just an idea of what the icon for it could be...

We all know there's that annoying gap that throws off everyone who has OCD right next to the "Crystals" in your loadout bar big enough for a last powerup thing. People have suggested some orb doo-hicky from NTG, grenades, all sorts of stuff -
But what if we just put some small buff things?

The idea is there are ~8 (or however many stats their are not including unique melee ones) totems:
Strength Totem: +10% damage*
Reload Totem: +15% reload speed*
Speed Totem: +5% mobility*
Accuracy Totem: +15% accuracy*
Recoil Totem: +15% recoil*
Firerate Totem: +10% firerate*
* The percent is added to your weapons stats that are already there (i.e -7% damage + strength totem = +3% damage
Note: This DEFINITELY needs rebalancing.

I don't feel it should need anything to "charge it" or anything, it's just a small thing that allows you to tweak your weapons based off what you're using, your gun stats, gun type, whatever else. They would work nicely with crystals, even the ones that already do similar things.
Oh, also, I'm probably missing some stats in there ^ but you get the idea. One for each.

I'm not sure if there should be downsides to each crystal (i.e +15% reload speed, -10% damage, or something)
post whatchu guys think

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Sounds like a good idea, but what if it was a like totems for different guns? Like you have a Rifle Firerate Totem, or a AUG Damage Totem
Find

Kinda op. Like, really OP.

(10-16-2015, 01:10 AM)Terran Wrote:  Kinda op. Like, really OP.

I mean the percents can change obvi, and it does help, but I wouldnt say its op idk

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

It seems really OP, compare adding those stats to say a gun tier like Flamboyant that does Negative Damage. You got then a really great gun that is just an Unlikely tier.
Find

Axistence
27%+10%=37% firerate
oboy

Deadly
28.8%+10%=38.8% damage
ohno

Maybe if it gives +10% in one stat, it gives -3% in all other stats?

I like Terrans idea for balancing. +1
Find

I dunno. Doesn't really seem unique enough to warrant it's own inventory slot thing.
Find

I'd rather have grenades thanks k bye
Umpty Dumpty

Maybe they could be RARE-to-get, one-use boosts? Saved for special or boss rounds or something. Not an actual "slot".