Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wednesday, July 29th, 2015

It was NFO hosting, so really small (Like astronomically probably) that any info from FRG was stolen. No offense to Brass, but I dont think hackers who are targeting a large game-server hosting company will attack for a Custom TTT server. Best thing to do is remove your CC from steam for a few. (NFO gets hacked like every few months it seems)
Find

(07-30-2015, 04:29 AM)NotChosen Wrote:  It was NFO hosting, so really small (Like astronomically probably) that any info from FRG was stolen. No offense to Brass, but I dont think hackers who are targeting a large game-server hosting company will attack for a Custom TTT server. Best thing to do is remove your CC from steam for a few. (NFO gets hacked like every few months it seems)

Nah. The only passwords that could have been stolen are mysql, remote desktop, and FTP. So nothing related to users. There's more to worry about than a TTT server, as the machine I'm renting IS actually a server that can host more than just gmod. They could have used the info to install viruses, to turn the computer into a 'zombie' which is used by people to do DDoS attacks, or other illegal activities.
Find

(07-30-2015, 04:36 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(07-30-2015, 04:29 AM)NotChosen Wrote:  It was NFO hosting, so really small (Like astronomically probably) that any info from FRG was stolen. No offense to Brass, but I dont think hackers who are targeting a large game-server hosting company will attack for a Custom TTT server. Best thing to do is remove your CC from steam for a few. (NFO gets hacked like every few months it seems)

Nah. The only passwords that could have been stolen are mysql, remote desktop, and FTP. So nothing related to users. There's more to worry about than a TTT server, as the machine I'm renting IS actually a server that can host more than just gmod. They could have used the info to install viruses, to turn the computer into a 'zombie' which is used by people to do DDoS attacks, or other illegal activities.

Wait why say Nah? Everyone was saying it was the server targeted. Don't the forums connect through the server though? (I dont really know much about server transmission of packets and all so forgive me).
Find

No users passwords are stored for the forums. It's all through steam, so it's very secure. (meaning you login on steam, and steam sends a reply to the webserver saying you're authenticated)
Find

(07-30-2015, 06:18 AM)Brassx Wrote:  No users passwords are stored for the forums. It's all through steam, so it's very secure. (meaning you login on steam, and steam sends a reply to the webserver saying you're authenticated)

EDIT: Actually decided to read ignore me.

But I don't understand why people hack like this, my friends minecraft server got hacked they deleted everyone's information and whitelisted loads of globally banned people that then came on and ruined everyone's builds and stuff it was horrible, they had to start from scratch.
Find

Wow i had no idea about this i was eather getting food or was in a skype call when all of this happened bummer.
Find