Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need some ideas and input.

(12-06-2014, 08:34 PM)Rangerdanger0 Wrote:  I would say to add something that could see if multiple people ARE trying to bid something up to ban them for the market thing.

Cause I could see it being exploited since Person A could sell something and Person B would then buy it higher then Person C would buy it higher then Person A buys it higher then sells it to a Person D (who is new) for an outrageous amount.  I'm sure something can be made but would not/should not be top priority.  

Another thing, couldn't someone 'corner' the market by buying up all of a certain type of gun?  Since if you could buy lets say glocks, could someone buy up ALL glocks then sell them for an outrageous price?

I may be very wrong and you have already thought of this but I'm just pointing it out now rather than later.

They would lose money by trying to do that, since there's a coin fee for each listing, and the fee is a % of your listing price, so the more you list it for, the more you pay. That should stop stuff like that.
Find

just give me stuff for free fr
Find

Okay, cool.

Now
Re add teletubbies pls
Oh Hey...it's me C:

Find

Ok. Now I'm having troubles decided whether to take the fee upfront, or after the item has sold.

I'm leaning towards upfront for fixed prices, and after the sale for auctions.
Any ideas?

Also, an idea I had to give lower Tiers/Uniques a use, is some kind of Equipment dubbed 'power crystals'.

The idea:

These crystals will have special properties, but require 'charges' to function, in order to charge one, you need to see what total % of a certain stat it requires, for instance, one might require a total of 35% damage for one charge, so for that you'd open up the charge menu, and just put in items with a damage stat, they add their damage % to the current charge amount. Every 35% damage you get a charge, with a max of 10 charges.

Once it's charged, you can equip it and use it in game, some can only be used once per round, others multiple times. Some may remove a charge when used, some might remove 25% of one, basically once the charge hits 0 again, you will need to re-charge it.
The effects could be anything from healing once a round, extra ammo, jump height, or anything else.

This could give players a job too, if they become used enough, they could dedicate themselves to selling fully charged crystals, or taking uncharged ones and charging them for a price, etc.

It may just be too impractical though, what do you guys think?
Find

I suggest the fee is taken after the item has been sold - it would be dumb if you put an item that no one will even buy AND pay up a fee in the same time - immediate money lost. Instead, how about it takes a percentage of the whole purchase? Like the the buyer pays 100% of the price, but the seller gets 70%-90% of the coins, since 10%-30% of the price goes into taxes, so you'll surely be on win - because if the item doesn't get sold, you don't lose anything.
And this is directed not only to the auctions - this is directed to the whole market, especially those with the firm. Prices.

(12-06-2014, 05:35 AM)Terran Wrote:  Hm. This is totally off topic and probably shouldn't be posted, but it'd be neat if there were semi-routine mini "Tournaments" that players could bet guns on which side would win, or coins and stuff. A la, CS:GO?

Sort of like ye olde 2v2 of the past. Anyways, yeah. The idea of a centralized market sounds amazing, especially to help promote fair trading, but it is scary to think that things could be restricted to a set price. Of course, people can still barter, and its not like every trade is going to be coins > guns or vice versa. (gun-gun-coins > gun or what-not.)

So kinda like the csgolounge betting? Only problem I see is if someone trys to bet a gun with no set average yet, or there could be a set max, like lets say 5-15k coins?
Find

I've decided to go with a listing fee, and a sales fee.

Something has to be upfront to discourage people from attempting to abuse the system somehow.

The listing fee is fixed, different for Auctions, and Fixed Price listings, and the sales fee is 8% of the price the item is sold for if the item has a fixed price, and 5% for auctions. Taken out of the coin value paid by the buyer.

Auctions are now fully functional, and they can remain on the market for anywhere between 1 hour and 2 weeks, and
there's currently no reserved price system, so be careful what you make the initial bidding price on auctions!

Also, the in-game market viewer just opens a webpage in a panel to the market page here on the forums, but unfortunately I haven't found a way to have it automatically sign you in, so you need to sign into your steam account on the forums in the panel to access it in game.

I will most likely make a completely separate system to access the market database in game, rather than just link the webpage. But it's not exactly needed for now.

I also plan to have all Fees taken from the market go into a global database, and do monthly or bimonthly giveaways, or some kind of lottery system. That way, the coins wont technically be spawned in, they are currency that were already in the economy at one point.
Find

(12-11-2014, 03:09 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I've decided to go with a listing fee, and a sales fee.

Something has to be upfront to discourage people from attempting to abuse the system somehow.

The listing fee is fixed, different for Auctions, and Fixed Price listings, and the sales fee is 8% of the price the item is sold for if  the  item has a fixed price, and 5% for auctions. Taken out of the coin value paid by the buyer.

Auctions are now fully functional, and they can remain on the market for anywhere between 1 hour and 2 weeks,  and
there's currently no reserved price system, so be careful what you make the initial bidding price on auctions!

Also, the in-game market viewer just opens a webpage in a panel to the market page here on the forums, but unfortunately I haven't found a way to have it automatically sign you in,  so you need to sign into your steam account on the forums in the panel to access it in game.

I will most likely make a completely separate system to access the market database in game, rather than just link the webpage. But it's not exactly needed for now.

I also plan to have all Fees taken from the market go into a global database, and do monthly or bimonthly giveaways, or some kind of lottery system. That way, the coins wont technically be spawned in, they are currency that were already in the economy at one point.

Listing AND sales fee?
That's certainly gonna make me only Sale stuff in chat.
Well, OK then.
But What about the public beta release?

The listing fee is a Fixed price, and for Fixed Price listings, it only applies when the Price is over a certain amount.

Auctions, it is always taken.

Currently the Fee is 10 coins for Fixed Price listings, and 25 coins for Auctions, fairly cheap, but should be enough to keep spammers from spamming every item they have.

Also, currently there is no system for buying/selling in Bulk on the Market, for items that are stackable. That's on the to do list.

The public phase may have to wait till next week, but we will see if I have the time to get everything I need to get done before this week ends.
Find

Did any of my tier/unique weapons idea seem decent?
Find