Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forgery

So I was looking at Terran's thread about Shop characters, and I thought, "Why not have shops that do more than just sell items?"

The shop would be called The Forgery

What you would do is take a set number of weapons such as 5 unlikely guns and 50 fragments and Forge a random Rare tier weapon. And you could take say 10 rares and 150 fragments and forge a legendary weapon. The weapon you receive will be a random gun. If you put in say 4 AK-47's and 1 deagle, you would have a higher chance to receive an AK than a deagle, BUT there is a slim chance to receive a different weapon.

This would be a high risk deal seeing as how you put in these guns and then get a new shitty gun or get a really good gun.Your precious fragments would be gone, but that's the price to pay.

Leave your opinions good or bad!
Find

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
Find

I literally think about guild wars and the mystic forge when I read this.
Find

I love the thrill of not knowing what's going to happen next. It's why I love to open cases in games and such.

Similar suggestions have been posted about using already existing weapons to get a random weapon of the next tier up(basically trade up contracts from CS:GO). I do not really favor that idea. Despite the weapon type being random, you still have a guaranteed chance to get the next tier up, which is not something I'd want to have.

Although, I am interested in more ideas on what to do with lower tier items. (Although the next big update will make all crystals require quite a bit less to charge them, so they should be more useful)

Low-tiered items? I still think "automatically liquidate a certain tier and below into Crystal juice" would be nice.

Crystal buffs will be nice.
Find

Why not combine like five weapons of the same tier to get a weapon of your choice from that tier? If you have a ton of Noodler m16s, you could make a Noodler rifle. If you have a bunch of shitty Rotting pistols, you could make an equally shitty Rotting SG.
This idea would reduce the number of guns without actually creating guns of a higher value. It would also even out the prices within a tier, since any weapon could potentially be a different weapon.

And any traits that get thrown in are guaranteed to show up, with a limit of one DOT and three non-DOT traits.
If you use more than that, maybe you could pick between them?
The best part of this is that more suffixed shotguns would be used than created, because a lot of people with OP shotguns actually prefer using other guns.
Find

Bumping this.
Find

you could scrap low tier items into temporary stat bonuses, such as +1 clip for 2 round or +7 accuracy for 2 maps.
Find

Or you can bring together 1 standard of each weapon tier to summon Exodia for a round

- That Thrakos Noob
Find