Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

So what is defined as logical?

So i saw some one in front of me get shot i turn left ONLY see him i check i see no one else or a cloaked person so to me it seems logical to kill him but to other people automatticly say its kos off location how would logical be defined?

unless you are 100% sure dont kil him.
Find

If its less than a few seconds between you watching a murder and finding the only player around, killing them isn't a problem as long as you absolutely know. For example, I checked a body of a player someone was in a one-exit room with and they had 1:27 or so DNA, which meant he died almost immediately (I checked two seconds after the death or so?), and there was nobody else around after I confirmed it, so I killed the guy in there and it wasn't RDM. Since there was no possible way anybody else killed him (No teleport mark or cloaked player in that tiny bathroom).

You CAN use logic, to some extent, but NEVER if:

A) You derived it by a player's skin, weapon or "General" location.
B) You have suspicion it was them, but not actual proof. (This is broader than you'd think. In TTT, you have to sometimes to guesswork, that's the job of Detectives especially. I once had a player screaming RDM because I used a Visualizer to show where he was sniping from and killed him.)
Find

(07-22-2015, 05:06 PM)Terran Wrote:  B) You have suspicion it was them, but not actual proof. (This is broader than you'd think. In TTT, you have to sometimes to guesswork, that's the job of Detectives especially. I once had a player screaming RDM because I used a Visualizer to show where he was sniping from and killed him.)

That's why I never use the visualizer. I used to use it all the time on other servers. Ex) place visualizer down, see if the two were looking straight at each other when they died, and then whoever the victim saw last i would kill. Visualizer would be awesome but with our rules feeling so strict at times it feels useless.
Find

I only really use it for snipers on FRG, and only if its obvious that's the same guy. (Visualizer shows a guy in the tower of Rooftops, and he's still in the exact position, etc).

I'd like to use it more, but as you said it wouldn't go well.

(07-22-2015, 04:19 PM)Pestilence Wrote:  So i saw some one in front of me get shot i turn left ONLY see him i check i see no one else or a cloaked person so to me it seems logical to kill him but to other people automatticly say its kos off location how would logical be defined?

I feel like I would have made the same call you made in this situation. I also feel like 90% of players would, but there are a handful of regulars who complain every single time they are killed, called out, or suspected of some wrongdoing. These are the people who would complain about this scenario.
Find

Shawn preaches the truth, sometimes the game gets too serious by some people's standards.
Find

(07-23-2015, 11:00 PM)Terran Wrote:  Shawn preaches the truth, sometimes the game gets too serious by some people's standards.

Thats one of the biggest problems of TTT. Its gotten to the point where you would need to be 100% sure that someone was traitor before being able to kill them, even when you have done enough logical thinking to be pretty sure that that person is a traitor. But no, so many people have forgotten the way TTT was meant to play and cry about ever single fucking thing being RDM. You hear shots in one room, that person walks out of the room, and you glimpse a dead body behind him, you kill him, and they bitch about RDM, you get slain for bullshit, etc etc. One of the reasons I gave up playing TTT.
Fuck the max 2 image limit. (Imagine happy asian guy here)

Yeah, the fun is really sucked out when it ends up that way. RDM is just a part of TTT, people* should only step in when its done maliciously and/or repeatedly. But, that won't happen, sadly.

*staff members
Find