Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Contagion Suffix Ideas

Alright... So I'd like to point out a dire issue we have with these Suffixes. Corrosion on my galil can do 39.69 damage from the corrosion effect , then Pheonix got nerfed so don't need to try and calculate that. But then there is contagion.... The coolest one, and it does 12 extra damage on my glock. Yes, when it infects it only does 12 damage, and no offense Brass ,but I've only seen it once spread to other players. The chance must either be insanely low or glitched. Some ideas I've been bouncing around to help solve this issue is going to be stated below:

1) A disorienting effect that occurs when the player is infected. This effect causes an almost motion like sickness that stays for probably half the infected time.

2) Increase the damage that Contagion will do and the chance of it spreading.

3) An "Infectious Cloud" that appears on the infected that shows the spread radius and will damage all who step in it with some visual blurriness. *Credit goes to Derp and RadioActiveCow*

Those are just a few ideas I've come up with and will edit more until there can be something done about how awesome this suffix is. *It is by far my favorite suffix, so much potential, but we need to find a balance for it*
Find

I think that the chance it should carry infect onto other peoples should be increased.
Find

i agree 100%. i have only seen is go over to someone once. needs to be buffed,or somthing added to it.
Find

I don't like the spreading thing to be honest, it seems so icky and unpractical to me, but having it cause secondary effects would be great! Blurred vision, ringing sounds and etc could be stronger or weaker depending on how good the suffix chance/damage is.
Find

I infect people all the time with my mac 10 and i've killed people with the contagion.

I never saw a problem with it. Maybe because I normally killed people too fast.
Find

(06-07-2015, 04:58 PM)Terran Wrote:  I don't like the spreading thing to be honest, it seems so icky and unpractical to me, but having it cause secondary effects would be great! Blurred vision, ringing sounds and etc could be stronger or weaker depending on how good the suffix chance/damage is.

I think the problem with this and all the other ideas for this suffix is that the 'wall-of-text' description will have to be even more comprahensive ot detail all the other side effects of this suffix that it becomes a TL;DR suffix lol

Also about the cloud thing, I believe that it's very important to show any of the suffixes working properly, the AoE thing I've never witnessed, not even once. If there was this green cloud smoke (probably would use the same sprite as the smoke grenade but A LOT smaller and with an opacity of like 75% so it doesn't obstruct views) then it would be interesting, perhaps the smoke extends to the circumference of the AoE, being inside that circumference during the chance will infect you too.
Find

The spreading part is really impractical. You could spread it to someone on your team. I vote we remove that and add a disorienting effect like a swirly screen and pterodactyl screeches.
Find

+1 for pterodactyls.
Find

(06-07-2015, 06:35 PM)Terran Wrote:  +1 for pterodactyls.

Just take the sounds from Jurassic World when it comes out :3
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(06-07-2015, 10:06 PM)it_ember Wrote:  
(06-07-2015, 06:35 PM)Terran Wrote:  +1 for pterodactyls.

Just take the sounds from Jurassic World when it comes out :3

I could record myself screeching.
Find