Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove Age Requirement

How about this.
The Member's age requirement is 12. (Seeing that they don't have any power.)

Anything higher than Member is 14.

13 seems fair.
Find

It's not about them having power. It's about WHO we want actually representing our community. Age, in fact, does come into play with this.

(05-17-2015, 11:29 PM)Axe Wrote:  If you believe a theory meant to cover a huge field can be proven by a few examples  then something is wrong. Stop using yourself or others as an example against it and only looking at examples that are against it. LICEBIT he isn't going to be staff, he'd be a member so the slaying factor means NOTHING and you probably represented your community pretty well. Stop being, so narrow minded and only focusing on examples that prove AGAINST it. This is completely unfair 100% unfair to the younger players and the least we can do is remove the age requirement for members because they simply represent the community they hold no power <<<<<<<<<

Edit: I can understand an age requirement under staffing from what LICEBIT said, but instead of saying age requirement it could say suggested age. Therefore, if you believe they are to young you can deny them for it and if they are pretty good you can accept them. Should really be removed for member though.

This is the last time I'll comment on the issue.

This will also be the last time I comment on the thread. I understand members have no power and I never said they did but they do represent the community to newcomers and everyone else. We simply do not want children representing our community. The number 1 reason NTG is shit now is because of mic spamming squeakers. My biggest pet peeve is when squeakers join the server and constantly use their mics. Yes, I understand you can't help how your voice sounds but there is also a text chat for a reason. When I was a squeaker I didn't use my mic. I at least had courtesy for the other people I was playing games with. Also, I explained in detail as to why he was denied on both his denied application and my first comment on this thread so if you still don't understand where I'm coming from I can't explain it any more thoroughly.
Find

I'm slightly changing my opinion on this. Perhaps a universal "don't be immature no matter how old you are and you can apply" rule is in order.
Find

can i get a tl;dr just this ENTIRE thread?
Oh Hey...it's me C:

Find

(05-18-2015, 12:48 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(05-17-2015, 11:29 PM)Axe Wrote:  If you believe a theory meant to cover a huge field can be proven by a few examples  then something is wrong. Stop using yourself or others as an example against it and only looking at examples that are against it. LICEBIT he isn't going to be staff, he'd be a member so the slaying factor means NOTHING and you probably represented your community pretty well. Stop being, so narrow minded and only focusing on examples that prove AGAINST it. This is completely unfair 100% unfair to the younger players and the least we can do is remove the age requirement for members because they simply represent the community they hold no power <<<<<<<<<

Edit: I can understand an age requirement under staffing from what LICEBIT said, but instead of saying age requirement it could say suggested age. Therefore, if you believe they are to young you can deny them for it and if they are pretty good you can accept them. Should really be removed for member though.

This is the last time I'll comment on the issue.

This will also be the last time I comment on the thread. I understand members have no power and I never said they did but they do represent the community to newcomers and everyone else. We simply do not want children representing our community. The number 1 reason NTG is shit now is because of mic spamming squeakers. My biggest pet peeve is when squeakers join the server and constantly use their mics. Yes, I understand you can't help how your voice sounds but there is also a text chat for a reason. When I was a squeaker I didn't use my mic. I at least had courtesy for the other people I was playing games with. Also, I explained in detail as to why he was denied on both his denied application and my first comment on this thread so if you still don't understand where I'm coming from I can't explain it any more thoroughly.

If he spams they gag, or vbat, no matter member or not their will be squeakers...
Find

(05-18-2015, 02:06 AM)Rangerdanger0 Wrote:  can i get a tl;dr just this ENTIRE thread?

Masseffector Piggy was decline from his member application because he's too young. This is to get rid of that requirement.
Find

I was like 12 when I started playing NTG. Didn't use my mic till I got admin few years later :p
Find

(05-17-2015, 04:33 AM)McNuggie Wrote:  I disagree, sorry. Sometimes people can act older than they are, and then prove differently after getting a rank.

Member isnt even something that matters, it only shows you're part of the community and you can show that by playing.

How could this not be applied to somebody of any other age?

(05-17-2015, 04:55 AM)McNuggie Wrote:  
(05-17-2015, 04:52 AM)y0Nemo Wrote:  I think you're all over thinking this more than needed. I say if the person can prove they're mature enough, why not?

Hate to bring NTG into this, but how many times have people below 14 on ntg gotten a rank because "they seemd mature enough", then proved they didnt deserve it. Lots.

That is why.

That is why they can get removed; and what about ones like me (Narcissistic, I know) who don't? Are they simply denied a chance because of an others actions?

(05-17-2015, 04:10 PM)Terran Wrote:  HEY SILENCEPIE IS COOL

ITT: No one likes me, even Jake disagreed Sad
Genesis Does What NintenDon't

I'm sarcastic a lot, take what I say with a grain of salt.
Find