Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can we remove Trappycottage?

It has all the makings of a terrible TTT map.
-Plain, uninspired corridors
-One spawn and one entrance, usually blocked off by people (Worse so if no staff are on to TP OR THE STAFF do it themselves)
-Massive amounts of traps triggerable by Innocents and Traitors alike that cause constant RDM
-A silly "Objective" that people will RDM, metagame and blatantly break the rules to complete

I wouldn't mind as much if there was more than one spawn/spawn entrance, and traps were T only, but the metagame is reaaaal. For example, Rotshout let Laharl shoot me and kill me because I was holding the battery (There was only one T), and they then proceeded to buddy up leaving my cold, poor un id'd corpse to rot. This was pretty much rape.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAce
Find

Them's fightin' words, Jas
Find

I agree with Terran, the amount of trap RDM can get out of control, as well as the terrible spawn leading to some unfortunate situations.

I do think, however, that the "objective" could be used as a "try to finish before you get killed by ______" special round or something of the sort.
Find

Team-based objective maps would be really fun, especially if we had to try and hold off A.I or player opponents (Path-finding for A.I seems like a stupid amount of work, though.)
Find

(05-03-2015, 06:19 PM)Terran Wrote:  Team-based objective maps would be really fun, especially if we had to try and hold off A.I or player opponents (Path-finding for A.I seems like a stupid amount of work, though.)

I only thought of a player V. Player objective map originally, but against AI sounds even better.
And for path-finding,  if we started on just the one map, at least, it might not be the most difficult thing to do.
Find

I love seeing people-versus-computers (I like seeing computers-versus-computers even more), so if the brilliant minds of FRG could work together on setting up navmeshes and path-find some...The Halloween event had been done amazingly, but that seemed a monstrously difficult task alone, no matter how skilled someone is.
Find

If I actually knew anything about nav-meshes, path-finding, or map making in general, I'd be the first to volunteer to help
Find

Yeah, same. Oh well.
Bit off the rails we are now.
Find

But yea trappy is a delay and rdm map. and i do believe that it should be removed for the time being.
Find