Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Opinion?
Great idea!
God awful idea and is completely OP. (Makes no bloody sense)
50/50
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sprint Swep

Question 
So I had an idea, not so sure if it is a good idea; I figured I'd post it anyway and find out.

Okay, so a long time ago, I played on a server where you could only sprint if you had the "Parkour swep" out, and you could cling onto ledges and vault up them if you're holding onto them, basic parkour crap. So I thought, why not make a simple sprinting swep, so we can run but only with that out?

I'd think maybe you'd run 30% faster than if you walked, and could cling onto ledges and haul up them, just like the described swep above. It can't deal damage in any way. I think it could help save some people from dieing of fall damage; another feature I'd request if it could be made, is wall "dampening" In a way, you plant your hands and feet to the wall when falling to reduce the speed you're going at, so you take less or no damage from falling. This could seriously save some lives if you're prone to accident, traitor or innocent. I think it would be helpful and a unique addition to FRG.

What do you think?

Find

It wouldn't fit into TTT very well, or at least the definition we have here. With +20% movement speed weapons game-play is already quick enough; maybe for a run-and-gun Deathmatch sort of thing it'd work well, but right now there's the tried-and-true crouch jumping.

Needlessly complicating the game further is a silly notion, but it would be cool to have solely on the Lobby server.

I don't quite understand what your poll is, so I'll refrain from voting in it.
Find

(04-03-2015, 06:46 PM)Terran Wrote:  It wouldn't fit into TTT very well, or at least the definition we have here. With +20% movement speed weapons game-play is already quick enough; maybe for a run-and-gun Deathmatch sort of thing it'd work well, but right now there's the tried-and-true crouch jumping.

Needlessly complicating the game further is a silly notion, but it would be cool to have solely on the Lobby server.

I don't quite understand what your poll is, so I'll refrain from voting in it.

Mm, true. I do want to try and fix my idea up so it would be fit for the server. So can you break everything down thats bad and good about it for me, so I can try and formulate a better idea?

Find

There's nothing to really further a comment on; everything needed to be said was in my original post.
Find

(04-03-2015, 06:50 PM)Terran Wrote:  There's nothing to really further a comment on; everything needed to be said was in my original post.

Alright. Thanks plenty. May I message you about something?

Find

No sprint please. It broke halo and I could see it breaking TTT. =P
Find

(04-03-2015, 08:27 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  No sprint please. It broke halo and I could see it breaking TTT. =P

How so, if you can only use the swep and cant damage at all?

Find

My concern is that people would find ways to get stuck in areas that could kill others trying to kill them. I.e. the trap on the plane map or right above a trigger death zone.
Find

(04-03-2015, 09:03 PM)Rotshout Wrote:  My concern is that people would find ways to get stuck in areas that could kill others trying to kill them. I.e. the trap on the plane map or right above a trigger death zone.

Ahh.. Good thought

Find