The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not a suggestion, just a thought.

A loaning system would be pretty neat for FRG. You know, "Hand a guy a gun and he gives it back eventually", but without the "He might never give it back" or "hasta la vista, baby" and you can never contact him again. That's shit, right? Well, as I said in the title, I'm not suggesting anything like that.

Everyone will run into a situation where they need cash. Coins. Money. Dead presidents. Greenbacks. Canadian play money. Now, what do you do if you can't scrounge up coins? You either trade or rely on luck. There's the liquidation option, of course, but unless you're desperate for something you're not going to sell your Lunar M16 in a desperate grab.

I was thinking of starting a loans system. Nothing complicated, no bullshit, just that I give you some cash if you need it and you pay me back within a certain amount of time with a little bonus. No interest, of course. Say 5%. You need 500 coins. I can give you those 500 coins. Two weeks pass, you have 525 coins, you pay me the 500+5%, which is 525 coins. Biddy baddy boom, business was just made and smackaroos passed around the table like poker chips in a children's only Texas Hold-Em game. In the eventual case that they take too long to pass the dough, what should be done? Should the "No Interest" rule be broken after a set period of time?

However, I have no guarantees. I have no trust. I have no way to confirm that I will ever see money that I give out again. Why? Because of human nature. People forget. People exaggerate, or under exaggerate, or simply decide that they don't have to be obligated to give a damn. There we go, instantaneous combustion of my sole plan for greedy, infinite profit.

I'd like to think of a way to establish a system of trust. A way to guarantee repayment, without actually bothering the top brass (there's that pun again) to jimmy us up a dealer system on the quick. So, I'm here. For opinions, for ideas, for this thread to be ignored, for my own judgement. What do you think? Yes, you. You. How could a system of trust be established? A "Borrow - Wait - Return" set of procedures that doesn't leave nobody hanging with some pocket lint and dimes.

Post what you think, how you think about it and why you read this thread up to this point. Because, let's be serious. TL;DR, right? Right.
Find

Messages In This Thread
Not a suggestion, just a thought. - Terran - 03-28-2015, 09:10 PM